Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Another one!

(12 posts)
  1. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Oct 19 2014 11:03:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I had my last treatment 8 days ago. I was FINALLY getting to the point where I was going to look into my 'stored' items to try and get a little bit of my life back when I hear my fiancée yelling for me. Sure enough, there is a small bed bug running across our living room chair. Back to square one, I feel like everything I have done is useless. Utterly useless.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  2. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Oct 25 2014 11:29:00
    #

Login to Send PM

And I just found one on my ceiling over my bed. In the middle of the day, same size as the one I found downstairs. These aren't adults, they're small and clearish. I am really done with this, and i'm one more bug away from just walking away from everything I own with my children. My landlord is starting to act like we are reinfesting the place (we aren't, we go nowhere and no one comes here) so I don't know that he will be more help. I feel disgusting, I am starting to find bites on my baby, I can't stop crying right now. I am starting to suspect this apartment had them and it's not just from next door. Maybe the previous tenant bombed or something equally stupid? I don't know what to do anymore.......

3. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Oct 25 2014 11:33:10
    #

Login to Send PM

One found downstairs in a chair almost a week ago. Another found on my ceiling upstairs in the bedroom only an hour ago.

4. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Oct 25 2014 11:49:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sorry you are going through this. What did your pco use? An expert might be able to discuss the one on the ceiling. I think that's an odd place to find bedbugs, but I'm not an expert.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  5. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Oct 25 2014 12:09:25
    #

Login to Send PM

On the second treatment done 10/10 they used......

misery - 2 weeks ago  » The sheet says 'Exciter, Evergreen Dust, Lambda Star CS' were used.

I had to wipe up the dust that was piled into the electrical plug holes, even though they didn't do them all (2 out of the 4 in the room!) and the smell was very strong. I found the first bug after the treatment on 10/19 and the second one today 10/25.

6. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Oct 25 2014 14:47:04
    #

Login to Send PM

So I just found out from speaking to a neighbor that this building has been infested with bedbugs for 'several months' now. I'm ready to break my lease and leave. I can't deal with this. I pity anyone who will move in here, how do I warn people?

7. Canuck

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Oct 25 2014 15:21:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Misery,
    I am sorry you are in a tight stressful situation. There are good points, and although it may not seem like it. By the way, it is not unusual to find a bed bug at ceiling junctures after a treatment; when we doing post-treatment inspections I spend a fair bit of time looking up, not down.

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector
  8. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Oct 25 2014 15:29:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't even have ceiling lights in my bedroom though. That's the weird part. It had to have walked up there and just..... decided to stay. At least it's not unusual for them to be up there. What may I ask, are the 'good points'? Focusing on them would be really helpful.

9. Canuck

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Oct 25 2014 17:29:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Misery,

The one you found at the ceiling could very well have clambered up the wall to flee the pesticide. It is not a bed bug's first choice to hang out, but when the choice harbourages are contaminated they will settle for less than ideal. Also, they are tactile and tend to test surfaces - that is why too heavy an application of DE will result in a low kill rate.

As for the good things, here is a start:
    1. you are well versed in this site and the FAQs (as I see you have 65 posts) and have gained a wealth of knowledge - and you have that knowledge to use today, tomorrow and always
    2. you have a variety of professionals here with advice and counsel
    3. the number of bugs (not the number of bites) you have seen has been low, that is a good thing
    4. you have started the treatment process, they are dying
    5. your moniker is not 'hopeless' (I hope you see the humour in this one)

Hope that is helpful.

10. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Oct 25 2014 18:47:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I did get the humor. My feelings of hopelessness however are multiplying. Apparently all of the apartments in my building are (and have been for approximately 5 months) infested. When I moved in to apartment #1, #2 was empty, #3 and #4 were inhabited. Now #4 has left due to the infestation, and i'm ready to leave as well. I feel like something isn't being done correctly for this to have kept on. How do I in good conscience stay here and justify letting my children be eaten? I can't find a way to answer that. The hopelessness abounds with the sadness.

11. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Nov 3 2014 23:50:29
    #

Login to Send PM

So I found another one.... it is brown but doesn't look full grown. It's extremely flat (I assume it came out for food) and was also in my room on the ceiling next to my infants bed!!!!!! I am out of here in 2 weeks. It's so frustrating, this thing has to be weeks old, clearly spraying didn't get them all....... how long until they just die already! I hate them so much. I feel so defeated by these damn bed bugs. I am assuming there are at least two generations that survived those 'treatments' and I am praying (I don't pray) that I leave them all behind, i'm so scared they will come with us!

12. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Nov 3 2014 23:54:22
    #

Login to Send PM

And seriously I am not finding signs of them anywhere, how in the heck can I be sure my stuff is bug free when I can't even find them. I tear down my bed every other night and there is nothing there! Aside from my infants bed and a plastic tote, there is nothing else in the room. I'm exasperated!!!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,734 posts in 48,881 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver