(8 posts)
  1. Rpyleoh

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 3 2019 6:25:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi again!

Found another bug. Looks very similar to a bedbug to me. It made a mess when killed, that smelled incredibly bad, but definitely isn't your usual stink bug.

I do still have it, and can get more photos probably. Thanks!

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 3 2019 6:41:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, looks like a male. What's the background story?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. Rpyleoh

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 3 2019 6:47:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Lou,

I found it up on the wall. I learned at my previous residence that I have a respiratory reaction immediately to their bites. I woke up about 3 hours ago and have been using the computer since unable to sleep.

A couple weeks ago I had caught what I thought was one, and it was live, but family members health aid completely destroyed that one. Exterminator was not able to find any signs of them. This is the first possible sighting in 3 weeks.

I had found it on the wall, I would say roughly 6 feet above my bed, around the head in a corner. I had to climb to reach it. The background of the bug shows the amount of blood I got from killing it, and could feel a crush when I did so. It also splattered on the wall, but I'm unable to get a great photo. I can provide the one I have if liked.

Thanks!

4. Rpyleoh

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 3 2019 9:47:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey again Lou,

I caught a live one just now. I found it in the bathroom, in the shower. The bathroom has had a lot of use by my father and his aid today, and his clothes were sitting in the tub when I saw it. I assume it's possible to have an infestation exclusively in his closet where his belongings are? Attaching a photo of the live one, I would rather not remove it from the Ziploc unless I have to. Thanks!

5. Rpyleoh

newbite

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Tue Aug 20 2019 22:57:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey again! I found another possible, I think. This one was found in the bath tub. I also had another sighting this past Saturday near a light switch. Is it possible that they may be coming through the walls or vents or something due to an unknowing neighbor? We're finding them very uncommonly, and exterminator says landlord won't authorize a treatment due to lack of activity. Landlord will only pay once, and because subsidized many people abused it in the past, just wanting to waste money or something.

https://imgur.com/a/TnLPweN

Thanks!

6. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 0:32:33
    #

Login to Send PM

The antennae or leg is a little of and doesn’t remind me of any part a bed bug has. And there is a pattern with lighter colored stripes on the back. My gut would say no.

Maybe a more clear pic would help more to really confirm, because you had sightings in the past.

7. Rpyleoh

newbite

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 1:44:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks! I would take a gander that it isn't one then, I'm thinking carpet beetle and/or rolley polley and/or insert name. Can't really get a better photo, because by the time I found it, it was fairly dead in my bath water.

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 4:30:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Rpyleoh - 5 hours ago  » 
    Hey again! I found another possible, I think. This one was found in the bath tub. I also had another sighting this past Saturday near a light switch. Is it possible that they may be coming through the walls or vents or something due to an unknowing neighbor? We're finding them very uncommonly, and exterminator says landlord won't authorize a treatment due to lack of activity. Landlord will only pay once, and because subsidized many people abused it in the past, just wanting to waste money or something.
    Thanks!

Rear section (gaster) plus some of thorax and leg of ant.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325