Another Fecal ID, Please?

(7 posts)
  1. datgirl

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun Mar 17 2019 22:56:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Found on a comforter in my bedroom. Smears black. Thanks in advance for your help. I had another skin reaction tonight and I feel like I am losing my mind.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun Mar 17 2019 23:09:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Close in appearance but the fine detail is not correct. This was deposited with more of a paste like consistency than a liquid deposit.

With most people there reaches a tipping point. It’s a lot like the glass is either half empty or half full. On one side of the debate we have a lack of signs being an induced of fear while the half full glass is planning the next round because they are celebrating the lack of confirming signs.

Consciously or sub consciously we ultimately decide what glass we want and yes the cruel reality is that it’s easier to say than do. But tough paths are worth the journey.

Yes it can be frustrating to have a skin reaction to something and to not know what that is but the ups and downs of fears for bedbugs might not be the correct ride to begin with.

Hope this resonates.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. datgirl

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun Mar 17 2019 23:17:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks as always for the quick response, David. It almost seemed like ink to me, but we don’t keep pens near the bed. Maybe it’s the spiders, spider beetles, and other little crawlies that hang out in the apartment, or something else entirely.

Your words do strike home. As someone who struggles with an obsessive type of anxiety, it can be hard to get out of a fear spiral, but I’ve been doing my best to use the information from experts on here (like you) to remind myself that the answer I’m stuck on isn’t the most likely one.

In fact, I just found a carpet beetle larvae near the Climb-Up on my bed. My glass is full of something, but it doesn’t seem to be bed bugs.

4. datgirl

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 5:13:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Quick follow up question - not sure if it’s clear on the picture but the spots were flat, not raised, and the smearing only happened when wet. That doesn’t change your evaluation, does it? Thanks again.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 5:29:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No, it does not change my opinion. In fact Occam has chipped in and says CB’s should be your focus and not BB’s because you can find those.

David

6. datgirl

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 9:28:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks again for the quick response, David. I’ll be taking Mr. Occam’s advice and starting a cleaning regimen to scoop up the carpet beetles, as well as working on my anxiety.

Thank you again for your patience as I make my way through this ordeal.

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 9:38:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Good, I find his advice is so often the best so long as people remain sharp enough to follow it.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,657 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982