An Idea...what do you think?

(5 posts)
  1. DieBBS

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 12:34:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I spoke with my PCO from Orkin this morning about what I can do to ensure that I am not bringing infested furniture into our new place. I told him that I have been brainstorming about what to do with my micrbofiber furniture; couch, love seat and chaise lounge. I think i have found a way!!!!

I am hiring a professional shrink wrap company to come out to the garage of the new home we are moving to and shrink wrap all the furniture. Once he does that, I am buying thick plastic and will wrap and tuck the plastic into the cushions and hot glue the plastic to the wood frame of the furniture. On top of the hot glue I will staple all along the bottom of the furniture, the same spot where the fabric is stapled to. The cushions will be shrink wrapped and plastic seperately and put back onto the couch. I am planning to still use the furntiure while it's wrapped. I have NO other option. I am not moving into a new home and sitting on the floor...been doing it long enough as it is! I plan to buy some cheap furniture covers to go over the couch for looks of course. What do you think?

I WILL WIN GOSH DARN IT! I KNOW CAN AND I WILL!!!!!

2. Marixpress

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 12:39:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Won't the plastic rip over time from sitting on the couch?

3. DieBBS

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 12:49:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Marixpress - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Won't the plastic rip over time from sitting on the couch?

Well it may. I plan to have the shrink wrap company do a double wrap. Then I will put my own plastic and seal it off...I am thinking that with multiple layers, it will be ok. What do you think?

4. Marixpress

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 12:53:50
    #

Login to Send PM

If you can keep it airtight for 2 years, I think you have yourself a brilliant idea! Good Luck!

5. Livingagain

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 13:55:14
    #

Login to Send PM

There has to be a place for the air to come out when you sit on the cushions, then that will be a hole, or it will rip when you sit and the air is forced out. Could you wrap all the rest of the couch and do something else for cushions? Or could you find a really, really big plastic bag (maybe you could put one of the largest ones you could find on each side and twist and tape the seam, so it's airtight) and put a couple of DDVP strips in there for a couple of weeks?

You've got some good thoughts, best wishes!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45