Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Am trying some more natural solutions that seem to be helping.

(4 posts)
  1. holisticapproach65

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 31 2017 20:46:20
    #

Login to Send PM

My latest effective find is a product called CIMEXA that is a silicone-based desiccant that kills within 24 to 48 hours after contact with the bug. You puff out with a bellows-type applicator a thin layer around edges, in cracks and crevices. It has an electro-static charge so it clings to the bug's exoskeleton and absorbs the waxy coating causing dehydration. And it remains effective for 10 years if left undisturbed. Only available online. I've been ordering from Amazon. The other natural product I use for immediate annihilation upon contact is a product I've only found at Walmart in the aisle with other insecticides adjacent to the laundry detergents called PROOF. It's a spray- a little pricey but seems to work. I use it on my chair when I feel a bite. It's based on NEEM OIL. Because I feel like I pick up bugs on my slippers I wear in the house, I have begun using plastic shoe boxes and a larger sized washtub to stand in doing dishes, cooking, or sitting in my chair. I put a thin layer of coconut oil in the bottom and then apply CIMEXA. That way, if the bugs try to enter the container, they will have to travel thru the CIMEXA to get to my feet. This may solve one of my biggest frustrations with these bugs in my house-critters crawling up my feet and legs while I'm standing still doing something. Also when I step out of the CIMEXA-containing box, I have the product on my slippers to fend off the critters even more as I walk thru the house. This is a new idea. Time will tell how it will work. Hopefully the coconut oil will keep the product inside the box. If not, it'll just up my protection on the floor and I'll just add more product to the box.

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 31 2017 21:12:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Proof is the consumer version of Cirkil (was created for pros) from what I understand, but they are both available at Amazon now. It is supposed to work well. Maybe more than the chemical sprays. Is Proof really smelly?

Glad you found things that work for you. Cimexa is supposed to be very effective. I hope you won't be battling much longer.

3. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 31 2017 23:56:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I use 91% rubbing alcohol for direct contact spray and it works. (It's flammable so use it responsibly.)

I suspect the coconut oil is not a good choice to combine with Cimexa because Cimexa absorbs moisture and would likely pull moisture from the coconut oil, as well as stick to the coconut oil, and therefore making it ineffective for bug defense. Just keep the foot containers clean and dry and add the Cimexa in them without other products. It's what I do for when I'm sitting at my desk. You can also dust Cimexa along the bottom of cabinets so when you're standing at the sink or stove any bugs coming for you would have to travel through it. And don't forget about your feet in the bathroom at the toilet. My bathroom is well dusted with Cimexa because it's where I found the first 3 live bugs and also shed skins.

And be sure to heat treat the slippers regularly.

Account closed
  4. BBuster

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 1 2017 13:21:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I put a thin layer of coconut oil in the bottom and then apply CIMEXA. That way, if the bugs try to enter the container, they will have to travel thru the CIMEXA to get to my feet.

This is a briljant idea which I'm going to implement as soon as the cimexa arrives.
    Now I use a towel under my plastic tabouret at my desk to collect bb's and I boil the towel daily but I might as well put cimexa on that towel.

btw, I'm using beach slippers (plastic slippers) I can heat and clean easily.

Thank you.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,850 posts in 50,050 topics over 155 months by 21,878 of 22,364 members. Latest: Datnguyen, Mariam, GoingBananas