Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Am I starting to loose it

(4 posts)
  1. flabergasted

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Nov 24 2009 1:24:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know if it is the fact i can't sleep right becasue of these thing but it feels like I am being chewed on all the time. I have only found one new bite since thursday and I react bad. Welts the size of quarter and then they scab. I am going to have bad scars on legs. Is this prickly feeling on my skin just my brain playing game on me.

2. bitten123

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Nov 24 2009 10:04:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi flabergasted,

Just wanted to say sorry you are going through this. The lack of sleep really makes it worse. See if you can't find something to help you sleep, or if all else fails, Benadryl makes alot of people sleepy.

To keep from scarring, make sure you rub the spots everyday with some vaseline. The dr had me do that on my kids to keep the scarring down and it worked amazingly well. Soemthing to do with rubbing them in a circular fashion everyday for a couple of weeks minimizes the scarring.

The prickly feeling, yeah that is definitely your brain playing tricks on you. Or you could be reacting to the the chemicals. Are you tkaing any type of antihistamine? You might ask your dr if Zyrtec or something would help if it is an allergic reaction. If not allergies, well yea, my mind would make me do that prickly thing too. Very creepy.

It gets better, please hang in there!

3. flabergasted

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Nov 24 2009 10:34:46
    #

Login to Send PM

bitten123 - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Hi flabergasted,
    Just wanted to say sorry you are going through this. The lack of sleep really makes it worse. See if you can't find something to help you sleep, or if all else fails, Benadryl makes alot of people sleepy.
    To keep from scarring, make sure you rub the spots everyday with some vaseline. The dr had me do that on my kids to keep the scarring down and it worked amazingly well. Soemthing to do with rubbing them in a circular fashion everyday for a couple of weeks minimizes the scarring.
    The prickly feeling, yeah that is definitely your brain playing tricks on you. Or you could be reacting to the the chemicals. Are you tkaing any type of antihistamine? You might ask your dr if Zyrtec or something would help if it is an allergic reaction. If not allergies, well yea, my mind would make me do that prickly thing too. Very creepy.
    It gets better, please hang in there!

Thanks, while we were preping last night I found more shed skins and a few more we took care of but it really made my skin crawl. But Cilecto was right we did have another problem here. We identified the larva I posted it is a black carpet beetle yeah there a variety of those to some worse than others. So I am just at odds . But thanks for the info to try and help with scarring I haven't wore a skirt in a month now because the bites scab no matter what I do and I have allergies so I have Benadryl and Claritin.

They came it and resealed my basement foundation yesterday between the houses so hopefully that will help curb the influx the PCO is pretty sure that is where they came from and I am absolutely sure the people renting the place next door brought them from some where they in 2 months later I start getting bites. It is amazing the size of crack they can filt through.

Keeping up the fight!!!!!!

4. DieDieDie

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Nov 24 2009 16:21:47
    #

Login to Send PM

flabergasted... I feel your pain. I react to the bites badly as well. I've had some swell up to egg-size. I finally made an appointment with my doctor and explained the situation to him. He prescribed a 2.5% hydrocortisone cream and it helps significantly. Before I would scratch and scratch and scratch and rub with alcohol to soothe the itchiness. And it would take more than a week to really go away. Regular non-prescription cream was ineffective and it would just get itchy again.

Now, when I get a bite, the prescription cream goes on the that evening, by the next day the itchiness subsides quite a bit. Then, after the 2nd evening, it is usually gone for good. Much more pleasant than incessant scratching for more than a week.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081