Am i paranoid? Treat or dont treat?

(6 posts)
  1. Utica22

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed May 16 2018 20:10:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Ill try to be brief. I was in an infested apartment for a long time and left in Aug. 2017. I did 3 rounds of treatment before I left, dumped most my furiture and most the rest of my stuff has been in storage since.

I have been concerned I still brought bed bugs with me to where I've been staying since. I've had TWO pest companies come. Both told me no signs of bed bugs. I even paid for full treatment (2 rounds but im not convinced the chemical application was sufficient) when the first came. Now I'm torn if I should treat again.

Orkin this time. They only want to come ONCE and do three chemical application. I was hoping they'd offer heat treatment.

Again no signs of bed bugs despite 2 inspections. I have climbers under my bed and have not found anything (it sometimes gets pushed to the wall by accident but I attempt to keep it an island). I've had "bed bug proof" covers over the box spring and mattress up until the recent inspection. The only "sign" is frequent itchy bites and occasionally splotches dotted red patches. Thoughts?? Desperate.
    https://flic.kr/p/27etkLv
    https://flic.kr/p/268NJxG
    https://flic.kr/p/24tP5U5

2. micachica

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed May 16 2018 20:40:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I’d be concerned with any company that would treat you without any evidence or samples of bed bugs found in your house. I’d continue monitoring and do nothing without evidence. So many things can cause our skin to react. Without proof like fecal stains or actual bed bugs being found or eggs or cast skins I’d save my money and get a massage or go on a trip or something more fun that paying to exterminate a bug that has yet to be found. You moved 9 months ago. Had you brought bed bugs with you there would be signs everywhere.

3. bugged-cdn

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu May 17 2018 21:47:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Two rounds of treatments when they said they could find zero evidence? Oh boy...

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri May 18 2018 10:39:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Stop wasting your money and driving yourself mad, no signs of bed bugs with two professional inspections should be enough to make you look elsewhere for the cause of your skin irritations.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  5. Utica22

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun May 20 2018 13:34:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I appreciate everyone's reply. I know it might seem obvious not to treat but there's a lot of prologue to my situation.

My OLD APARTMENT I moved into in Dec. 2012. No past experience with bed bugs at that time; by April I'd determined infestation after thinking it was mosquitos for a few months. The company that came to that he old apartment then AND before I moved out both said "no infestation" and forced me to provide evidence. It was easy both times because it was bad both times. So how did they miss it? Of course that BUILDING was infested. And time in between treatment was a lot like now: is it? Or isn't it?

I don't live in a major metro. My city is only 60k people. Don't have the confidence in the "experts" y'all seem to have.

6. zelchbug

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun May 20 2018 18:05:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a gluten allergy that often causes itchy bumps in 3s that look very much like bedbug bites. I've been bitten by bedbugs and could not tell the difference myself, just a thought.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,337 posts in 46,549 topics over 141 months by 20,529 of 21,391 members. Latest: TuliusCeasar, Bugsss, northeastbugger