Am i in denial?

(7 posts)
  1. mrssachvz

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 14 2019 0:48:30
    #

Login to Send PM

So i was getting bitten by something or at least reacting to an insect crawling on me about a week ago. Last friday exactly i flipped over my mattress searched and searched and found this exact live bug on our bed frame. I freaked and told my husband it was a bed bug. He said it wasnt and put the bug in a ziploc and said he was gonna find out what it was but it definetly wasnt a bed bug....

https://www.flickr.com/gp/184427500@N02/2o5357

....so after googling pics he came up with it being carpet lice/beetles larvae. I calmed down, fogged up my house the next day and threw alcohol everywhere since he said it was what killed carpet lice. I then stopped getting bit. By then i had already asked managment to send pest control so when they called to schedule me I said well why not? Another pair of eyes wont hurt. So the bed bug inspector came. She looked everywhere and stated she didnt find any signs of them. I then showed her the bug i found, which by then was brown and dry and flat and she said thats a bed bug your infested you need treatment and I told her it didnt look like that and i described the bug above and she said yes thats larva believe me and she then took the bag from me and said im going to need this for the file... i told her my husband thought it to be carpet lice and she said no thats a bed bug i know what im telling. Ok your the expert i guess... so when they told me the thorough prep i needed to do with the clothes i wanted a second reassuring opinion before taking out all my 4 kids clothes and everything of mine out and my managment company said i needed to take the earliest treatment appointment which was the next day because if i didnt i would have to pay for further treatments of other units if it spread.... ok so i took the treatment which was the following day of inspection. The tech came told me she wasnt going to make me take out my closet clothes because she knew it was alot already so to just take out my dresser clothes and dry it etc. ??? Ok then when i came back home to the report, the report stated she found fecal matter on our bed slats and night stand and 1 live bed bug in the slats of the bed frame.... the inspector that came the day before didnt see all this... and although its been a week since ive been bit, i know if it is bedbugs they can go long without feeding on me... i want to believe my husband when he says its all buisness. We arent infested etc. BUT i was indeed getting bit or reacting to something at least and here is the image of my bites...

https://flic.kr/p/2hf9fBv

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 14 2019 1:38:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The sample is a beetle larva, possibly carpet beetles.

The PCO was incorrect and unprofessional.

If you read the previous posts and links on carpet beetles you will see why you had a temporary relief in skin reactions and what you need to do to resolve the problem. It’s simple but hard work as you need to be thorough.

If needed show this post to building management and frame it as saving them money by avoiding unnecessary treatments and out of concern they may be getting it wrong for others.

In 2019 there is ZERO excuse for anyone claiming to be professional to get this one wrong, and yet it’s a common error.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 14 2019 1:54:05
    #

Login to Send PM

It is a carpet beetle larvae. They can cause skin rashes which can look similar to bites. Bed bugs have nymphs not larvaes. They can already walk and bite when they hatch.

Why didn’t they show you their evidence? I don‘t believe they cleaned up the fecal before treating. Every PCO would have shown you. Well you never know now, if you really had them, if the PCO made an error or if he flat out lied to make money.

Bed bugs bite when there is a food source and won‘t hide for weeks/month. I don‘t even believe there are any.

4. mrssachvz

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 14 2019 10:45:41
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 9 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    The sample is a beetle larva, possibly carpet beetles.
    The PCO was incorrect and unprofessional.
    If you read the previous posts and links on carpet beetles you will see why you had a temporary relief in skin reactions and what you need to do to resolve the problem. It’s simple but hard work as you need to be thorough.
    If needed show this post to building management and frame it as saving them money by avoiding unnecessary treatments and out of concern they may be getting it wrong for others.
    In 2019 there is ZERO excuse for anyone claiming to be professional to get this one wrong, and yet it’s a common error.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

So would you say its safe to put all my clothes back in my dresser and cancel the second treatment ? Based on what ive mentioned ?

5. mrssachvz

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 14 2019 10:48:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 8 hours ago  » 
    It is a carpet beetle larvae. They can cause skin rashes which can look similar to bites. Bed bugs have nymphs not larvaes. They can already walk and bite when they hatch.
    Why didn’t they show you their evidence? I don‘t believe they cleaned up the fecal before treating. Every PCO would have shown you. Well you never know now, if you really had them, if the PCO made an error or if he flat out lied to make money.
    Bed bugs bite when there is a food source and won‘t hide for weeks/month. I don‘t even believe there are any.

I didnt even know she was suppose to show me evidence and she took mine so i cant even go somewhere else. I would hire my own pest control for a second opinion but its soo expensive and i dont have the money and well this one is the managments pest control of choice. The managment company told me i have to go through with the treatments because if i neglect the treatments and if they find bed bugs in ones of the adjoining units i would be responsibke to pay out of pocket for their treatment... like what if coincidently they have bedbugs and it has nothing to do with my problem??

6. mrssachvz

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 14 2019 11:46:08
    #

Login to Send PM

So i found a company that does free inspections. Should i call them and tell them my story ? Or just have them come without saying anything? I dont want to tell them and they go based off what I tell them.... i want them to go off their own actual judgement but as pest control experts, not sure if theyll notice that im already in the middle of treatment...

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 14 2019 14:28:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would be most annoyed if called out to assess a situation without disclosure of that has previously been done. It’s not ethical because you are both exposing someone to chemicals they are not aware of and disrespecting them as a professional.

You need to resolve the CB issue as per the information in the primers and move on.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19