Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Alright, I think I need some help, some questions I plead you to read.

(23 posts)
  1. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Aug 23 2019 14:58:13
    #

Login to Send PM

So like I said in my last post, we're in TX now and the bb hunt is either a scare and nonexistent, or I haven't opened the rest of the boxes that they could be in.

First bites started March 25th
    Moved (not because of bb scare) on the 5th of Aug.
    Now that we have our things my son is waking up with little dots/pimple looking bites all on his face, on his chest, and a ton on his neck.

My husband is getting the big mosquito like bites, which is a possibility as well since its bug central.
    My bites have diminished some (not a ton of CB's here, and they were copious at the old house)
    passive on my other son's crib has been clear since march 25, and clear here for about 2ish weeks,
    we lost our other one that goes on our bed but my husband inspected it and the box spring(including taking the dust covers off)

okay so now the questions,
    *Is it time to let go of the thought of BB's
    *If we had picked them up in a uhaul or hotel would they have made their presence known?
    *Do they like Airmatress? (we use one as a couch right now due to tossing our broken one)

Thank you to everyone on this site that truly gets it.

2. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Aug 23 2019 14:59:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, my husband thinks I should become an entomologist to get through my fears of bugs, immersion therapy of some sort? haha. Dr. Lou would surely not want me to learn under him haha!

3. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 13:17:05
    #

Login to Send PM

alright, BigDummy, Lou, David ? anyone with help.
    My son is getting a ton of little pimple rashes all on his neck and face (the only exposed parts during sleep) I'm unsure what to do at this point.

4. moenine9

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 13:22:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I know you can’t go off bites but I’m curious what the marks look like- could you post? It may be a viral rash or something. Maybe heat rash?

5. moenine9

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 13:25:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel you pain- I have had two pco treatments for a misidentified “bedbug”, two dogs (both from the same handler- one was newer and the other one was more experienced so she walked both threw separately) and clear passives this entire time (over a month). Yet my son still wakes up with itchy marks in a group of two (just the past few days) at a time. It’s exhausting. I am over the super paranoid hump but obviously some doubt still lingers.

6. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 13:26:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I was thinking heat rash as well at first but I tried all the usual remedies and it doesn't look like that! I'll post a picture in a bit! No fever or anything out of the ordinary to make me suspect a viral sickness. We changed detergents but why would the rash only be on places that his clothes don't touch? and it only happens at night, you know? I know you're a parent so maybe you can help me decipher this.

7. moenine9

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 13:27:19
    #

Login to Send PM

For the record- I know you can not identify bb on bite marks. I asked for a photo because maybe what one thinks is bites may be actually a rash

8. moenine9

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 13:29:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Well could be from his pillows that you washed in the new detergent- maybe switch free and clear. I think it’s funny how I’m both of our situations we recently moved. I don’t think we give enough credit to the turmoil our kiddos skin are exposed to when in a new environment /bugs/allergies) we have some nasty bugs here in nc that we did not have in Chicago. Not to mention it’s humid as hell.

9. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 13:37:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Funny thing is, we just did switch to free and clear from regular tide! https://www.flickr.com/photos/143677851@N08/48612647868/in/dateposted-public/
    Terrible quality but keeping a 2 year old from moving is quite difficult as you understand haha

10. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 13:38:30
    #

Login to Send PM

moenine9 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Well could be from his pillows that you washed in the new detergent- maybe switch free and clear. I think it’s funny how I’m both of our situations we recently moved. I don’t think we give enough credit to the turmoil our kiddos skin are exposed to when in a new environment /bugs/allergies) we have some nasty bugs here in nc that we did not have in Chicago. Not to mention it’s humid as hell.

Agreed but it totally was out of the blue, after being here a week. I am just confused and wonder when the threshold of if we got them in the truck or hotel, when would we find them? you know?

11. moenine9

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 13:43:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Couple things- does it look like the same marks he was getting before moving? Secondly- my son gets similar marks but I attribute them to folliculitis. He gets it where he’s either super sweaty or his close run on him. He also gets it in areas where he’s causing friction to his skin from playing on the ground. Is your son a sweaty sleeper? I can imagine Texas is hot. From what I have read- it can spread as it’s d/t infected hair follicles

12. moenine9

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 13:44:22
    #

Login to Send PM

And folliculitis can be itchy too

13. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 13:47:48
    #

Login to Send PM

hmm something to look into for sure! Yes it looks close to what he had before moving but now its just ten times worse. so maybe it's just heat/new detergent.

14. moenine9

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 13:54:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I’m sorry your having to go through the paranoia as well. It’s not fun:( As son as I think I’m over it he wakes up with marks that throw me threw the loop. Personally I’m trying to put faith in my searching skills, passive monitors and dog inspections. However I always seem to have that lingering doubt

15. lalmaroad

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 14:14:06
    #

Login to Send PM

It's hard with baby/toddler skin to know. My son has sensitive skin and eczema and it can look like that at times especially if there is a change in climate.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
  16. BugBrosHauntingMe

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 16:05:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Some people are severely allergic to all formulas of Tide, I know I break out in a crazy rash/hives that can look like bites if I even hug someone who uses that stuff and their clothes touch my skin. Maybe try something truly hypoallergenic like unscented Ecos or unscented Seventh Generation. Good luck!!

17. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 22:10:34
    #

Login to Send PM

BugBrosHauntingMe - 6 hours ago  » 
    Some people are severely allergic to all formulas of Tide, I know I break out in a crazy rash/hives that can look like bites if I even hug someone who uses that stuff and their clothes touch my skin. Maybe try something truly hypoallergenic like unscented Ecos or unscented Seventh Generation. Good luck!!

Yes, I’ll most likely go back to our old detergent, we were trying something new which clearly we should stick with what we know! Thank you!!

18. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 24 2019 22:12:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Does anyone think we would find some sort of evidence in the bbs in the 20ish days we’ve been here? I’m just so tired of this all. Thank you all for being so helpful!

19. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Aug 25 2019 7:47:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Anddd, I woke up with a blisterish bump on my hand and my shoulder. WTH is happening. ugh.

20. moenine9

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Aug 25 2019 8:20:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Girl I totally feel you- my son woke up with new itchy welt marks on him today. It’s been like daily the past week. Granted he was outside yesterday. However, i remember looking him over before bed. I could have missed it. I’m also not 100% sure but I think he does have somewhat of a delayed reaction to mosquito bites. It’s just hard to believe mosquitos are causing this. What I do know is all the marks on him are on exposed areas of the skin which when he sleeps he wears only underwear. I like to think of it were bedbugs they’d be biting his back and stomach since that area is exposed at night. Ugh it’s exhausting though. I can’t find anything. I feel like hopefully if he was getting 2-3 new marks a day that there would be evidence that wouldn’t be to hard to spot.

21. moenine9

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Aug 25 2019 8:23:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I also have a kitten that plays with everything so hoping he would have caught one if they were around haha- I mean he caught a cockroach nymph. Luckily haven’t seen another one since.

22. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Aug 25 2019 9:18:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so sorry! Ugh, this is a new form of heck. I am just exhausted trying to figure this crap out! My husband will refuse to believe the bb theory so I'm stuck in my head thinking about where whatever is biting us is hiding. I'm sure your little was just outside messing with the outdoor bugs! Unfortunately my littles haven't been outside because they got bit (BAD) by fire ants on their feet. Absolutely terrible experience, do not recommend haha.

23. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Aug 25 2019 9:21:55
    #

Login to Send PM

SOOOO, I thought we lost our second passive (we're using one in my sons crib), but aparently my husband put it on when we put the mattress down!
    So two weeks on both passives are clear? good news. Now just to see what these random blister bite things are from.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,683 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982