Already exhausted, need PCO advice, Need any advice

(3 posts)
  1. ep1014

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon May 25 2009 1:37:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I just registered on this site upon finding a 4th bed bug after our 2nd treatment. We were hopeful because we only saw 2 alive beforehand. We figured we caught it early. There are NO SIGNS. NONE. nothing on the mattress, maybe ONE (not an exaggeration) blood spot but not sure. we took the bugs to the pest control (part of the bed bug task force in columbus, ohio). They were positively identified and within 2 days of finding them, we had a PCO in to spray. two weeks later they came again. (that was friday...3 days ago). My roommates and I were confident that the hell of packing and being hyper vigalent was over. We woke up at 4 am everyday for the past 2 weeks to check with flashlights. We saw nothing. After the first spray, we found one dead bug. We were hopeful. Today, my roommate and i were in her room talking (the basement where the first bugs were seen) and one was on the bed. the bed in the 70 dollar encasement. We both immediately broke into tears. What i am worried about is that we have been up and down from her room doing laundry the last 2 weeks. Could we have tracked them around the house? We have no idea what to do. Its hard enough being college students as is, finals week is about to start and we can barely sleep. im sitting in my bed right now TERRIFIED to close my eyes. From everything i've been reading, i feel hopeless. absolutely hopeless. i cant even remember another time that i felt this way. I do not know what to do. I especially hate that my roommate is essentially bait. does anyone have any advice? none of us have had any bites, there are no signs on the mattresses, box springs, couches, or carpets. we have only seen 4. 3 alive and 1 dead. what is my next step? is there hope?

2. cantstopscratching

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon May 25 2009 10:19:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm really just commenting to bump this up for you. I'm no expert of course, and you should check with your PCO first, but it seems to me you NEED to sleep. Can you at least isolate the bed until finals are over?

3. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon May 25 2009 10:28:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would check with all adjoining neighbours. When things are light but persistent it can be a strong sign that they are coming in fresh from somewhere close or that they are being brought in from outside of the property.

If your PCO is aware of local and single source bed bug issues they should be able to advise you on what steps to take to make sure the infestation is not being topped up.

It does sound like a light case though which is why i would focus on the possibility of external sources.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,333 posts in 50,175 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14