Alot of BB questions

(2 posts)
  1. SleeplessInIndiana

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Sep 8 2013 1:38:35
    #

Login to Send PM

allright guys, same story of, im moving out at the end of the month and ive discovered bed bugs.
    here's where the twist comes in, Im having a PCO treat this tuesday with a subsequent visit in 14 days (3 before move day) , ive started the vacuuming decluttering and laundry blitz and plan on working on the non laundry posessions, tomorrow.(inspecting cleaning and bagging per the PCO's advice.)

Im tossing the matresses prior to moving. and only keeping a couple furniture items which the PCO is going to steam treat for us on the initial and 14 day follow up along with spraying transport on everything, DE all the baseboards and wall sockets and giving me a bunch of 16 gram ddvp strips to treat random stuff for two weeks and some change. just wondering since my infestation was pretty small... (only 4 or 5 bites a night, and the only harborages ive found were on the mattress only 4 adults, about 12 or so instars and a couple eggs and a lot of feces, not so many castings though...) ive 91% IPA's the entire room and saturate the mattress and carpet and baseboards 3 times a day for the last week, and the mattress too which i unfortunately have been too frightened to sleep on, but my other family members in the adjacent room havent been bit in my absense.
    so my questions are as follows.

1)should i thow away my old mattress now or after the first or second treatment.(as im getting a metal bed frame, a huge piece of plywood and an airbed for me and the wife and one for my son.) and
    2) would a huge plastic wrapping and duct tape suffice for disposal transport? as i dont wanna buy an encasement twice(one for the one im disposing one for the new one)

3)should i ddvp everything possible or just the hard to inspect items? (i plan on disassembling and 91% IPA'ing everything i dont DDVP) like i have guitars and an huge amp in the living room downstairs if i could get away with just inspecting, sanitizing and moving it to a safe place(IE my father in laws basement)?

4) i have no choice other than DDVP on my electronics and harder to inspect items in bags per the PCO, and its the only shot ive got so im going to risk it, Is it effective whatsoever? and is it safe for VHS's and childrens toys?

ive got very little time to prep (ive been sleeping like crap and i work every day 7 days a week) and any input would be great. im just scared for me and my family. we havent had any bites in a week since i discovered these guys in my bed,

2. hawksley1001

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Sep 8 2013 4:32:16
    #

Login to Send PM

It actually sounds like you have things well under control. I would dispose of the mattress now (you aren't sleeping on it anyway). Plastic shrink wrap or seran wrap is the best for keeping it closed off for transport. After removing it from the house I would vacuum the transport path ASAP. I don't know much about DDVP...but have you considered a heat or cold treatment for your belongings that cannot be washed? Considering your infestation was small...I would focus mostly on the beds... You may need to consider getting new beds for everyone in your home.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie