Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Almost want to declare success, but I feel that I accidentally spread bedbugs ou

(6 posts)
  1. need_help_please

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 4 2019 11:31:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. Around 7 months ago, I found bedbugs in my apartment.
    After some DIY attempts, I didn't get any more obvious bites or signs, so I felt a bit better.
    However, few days ago, I looked back on my actions, and terrified that I may have spread bedbugs out. Specifically, after I dried my dirty clothes using the laundromat, I threw empty plastic bags in a nearby trash area (no trash bin, but a flat ground to put trash) without any precautions. There were also some couches near the trash area, where some people often sit. Next to the laundromat, there was also some rooms, for security guards I think.
    After realizing such mistakes, I felt overwhelmed. I felt guilty that I might spread the bugs out. I felt bad because I was inexperienced and stupid. Is it likely that the bugs can find their ways to the couches or the rooms? Have I infested the whole area?

2. BedBugsLondon

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 4 2019 11:39:50
    #

Login to Send PM

No.
    The chances of bedbugs moving from an outside bin, across a sidewalk and into a home is pretty much zero.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as employee of the patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations.

For those that are curious, yes it can be challenging working for David
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 4 2019 11:46:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I deal with bagged clothing almost every day, decontaminating the possessions of every new client at a shelter. In my experience bed bugs tend to stay in the clothing and aren't on the bag itself unless it's a fairly well established infestation. Only one time in the past six years can I remember seeing bed bugs on the outside of the items and not buried away somewhere safe inside.

A couch at a laundromat is one place even I wouldn't sit, and I crawl around on the carpet of infested apartments.
    I don't see any reason to beat yourself up over the fear that you've spread bed bugs, what you're describing is a very low risk action. I can't imagine myself giving you a hard time over your actions.

4. need_help_please

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 4 2019 14:12:27
    #

Login to Send PM

It's not exactly a couch inside a laundromat. The laundromat is small, so only dryers and washing machines are there. No couch or trash bin.
    Outside the laundromat is a community ground, with some benches (those kinds of park bench) and security room right next to the trash area, like less than 10 feet away.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 4 2019 15:42:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Benches aren't all that bed bug friendly, I wouldn't be concerned.

6. need_help_please

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Wed Dec 4 2019 23:25:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks. It may take a bit more until I get back to normal life, but I'm getting there

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14