Almost out of an infested building

(2 posts)
  1. sleeplessmama

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu May 17 2018 22:40:18
    #

Login to Send PM

So I've posted here before, so I'll just sum up my situation quickly.

Been dealing with bed bugs since January 2018, 5 visits from PCO before landlord would have other units inspected since they couldn't find signs of them beyond the bugs I occasionally found and the nightly bites.

The unit directly above us had a year old infestation and was definitely the source of our issues. Landlord had the unit heat treated but didn't follow up with a chemical treatment in the right time frame and my son and I are still getting bit. Finally the landlord had the PCO come back out to spray our unit and the one above us again almost 3 weeks later, but the unit next to the infested one upstairs now is having issues thanks to stragglers and I've found more live bugs in our bedroom in the last 2 weeks than I have since the beginning of the issue.

So here's my dilemma - we found a new place and we're moving June 2nd. While I would much prefer eradicating this problem before we move, the landlord has made it clear that he's not going to deal with this in a timely fashion and the building will just continue to have problems. The PCO had my same suspicions and urged us to go ahead and move. Obviously I'm doing everything I can to keep the bugs out of our possessions (mattress encasement, everything bagged or treated and packed in totes, bedding and clothes used are laundered and dried on hot frequently).

I'm feeling like our only options to avoid moving the bugs with us is to either
    A) pay out of pocket to have our unit heat treated the morning of our move (the landlord won't put out another dime for any treatments in our unit, he claims he's done his due diligence and bought us a gallon of bed bug spray from the hardware store)
    B) ditch all of the furniture in our bedroom (the only place we've seen the bugs) as well as the couch and pray we didn't bring them along.

Am I missing anything? Thinking about having the new place sprayed too.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri May 18 2018 10:36:41
    #

Login to Send PM

There may be a treatment service in your area that uses a box truck or something similar where you could remove all of your belongings from the building and treat everything before then moving on to the new place.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,511 posts in 45,805 topics over 139 months by 20,173 of 20,970 members. Latest: bloomington, Crisbug, provilink