Almost at 55 days-need advice-visitors

(3 posts)
  1. freakout

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Feb 24 2012 9:13:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I found bbs in Oct and it was a mild infestation. I had 2 treatments, experienced 4 stragglers over 2 months following and then finally got a third treatment beginning of Jan. Since then, I only found 2 dead nymphs and 1 dead adult which might had been dead for a while. I have a new bed, climb up interceptors, clothes still in bags and I check for the bbs every night. I am almost at 55 days but not quite. My relative wants to stop by. I feel like I've gone this far, I want to make it to the 55 days. Although I feel good about the last treatment, those stragglers made me very cautious not to assume they are gone. I don't know if the 55 days rule is something to really be strict about or looking around and based on my bed traps and no signs, I can start unpacking and feel more relaxed about visitors. Advice?

2. NeverSurrender

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Feb 24 2012 12:33:22
    #

Login to Send PM

All I can say, and I'm NOT happy to say it, is that I made it 40 days last time with NO sightings or evidence whatsoever and then they returned. I don't want to be a "downer" for you but you came this far. Be careful. That's my plan since my last treatment 8 days ago. Good luck.

3. Humans Shall Overcome

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Feb 24 2012 13:15:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I was in a similar situation this week. I was battling them from October to January. My last (and fourth!) treatment was on January 5th, so it's been 50 days. My sister and I went away last weekend (and you can bet I didn't sleep well in a strange bed!) and when we came back she wanted to come up to the apartment and meet my new kitten.

I really didn't think twice about it because my earlier re-infestations were much closer on each others' heels. I would go maybe a week thinking I was off the hook and then the evil little bastards would bite again. So going 6 weeks without a sign feels like a real respite.

That said, I did go 6 weeks without a single sign. Had I found any evidence, even dead ones, I might have been slightly more hesitant and waited the full time.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88