Almost 2 weeks post heat treatment, no change

(4 posts)
  1. COdad77

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2016 18:28:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. I'm new here. Since I moved into this new place 4 months ago, I've had bedbugs. I didn’t have them at my old place (where I lived for 3 years) so I KNOW the last idiots who lived here left me a present…well, many “presents”! Yeah, welcome to the neighborhood right? I first started noticing them within the first month when my son got welts on his legs. They got me pretty bad too on the feet but my daughter doesn't seem to get any reaction from them.

Anyways, my property management company wanted to pay for a chemical treatment but after I read about the heat treatment, I knew that was the only way to go. Although it was MUCH more $$ for the heat treatment, I did it anyway.

On the morning of the treatment, I gathered my very confused cats and left it to the professionals for 8 hours. It was a hassle putting all the clothes in my dresser in the dryer, sealing them in trash bags and then folding them all again when the treatment was over. However, when I returned with my cats 8 hours after the beginning of the treatment, I was certain the little bed bug bastards were all dead or dying a slow, cruel, painful death. However, I was wrong.

I read somewhere that it takes up to 2 weeks for all the bedbugs to die off and even some of the bites take 2 weeks to show up. The day after the treatment, I found an area on my mattress that had some stool stains, discarded skins and even some VERY slow, dying bugs (which I helped along their miserable way to bed bug hell!). Throughout the last week, I found a few dying or dead bedbugs as well on my mattress.

I had my kids all weekend and my son woke up the next morning with the most welts on his legs I have ever seen! I got a bunch of new bites on my legs and even got 4 bites on my thumb too…my THUMB!! Needless to say, the bites have NOT lessened. If not, they have only increased in their intensity. My kids will be staying with their mom until all this crap is resolved, which might take at least 2 more weeks!

It’s a good thing that the company I got the heating treatment from has a 1-year guarantee or else I’d be SOL. Does anyone have any GOOD NEWS here? Am I jumping to conclusions too early? Do I need to just wait longer? Is there anything I need to do or haven’t done? Thank you for being my psychologist for the past 6 paragraphs.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 27 2016 13:01:40
    #

Login to Send PM

It can take time for them to die off and many heat treatment companies are backing up their method with residual sprays or dusts. Did your company do that? If not, you can ask.

I'm not clear on when your heat treatment was, but it sounds like it may have been within a week-- and bed bug bites are typically delayed hours, days, or even a week or more. It varies.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 27 2016 13:55:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Something sounds a little off to me. Can you post pics of those cast skins or any live samples you find?

4. COdad77

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 27 2016 17:24:42
    #

Login to Send PM

The treatment has been exactly 2 weeks ago today 09/27. I called the company and they haven't gotten back to me yet. I guess they need to do some "research" on their own. I'll let you guys know how things go. Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081