Allergy Lux Premium Bed Bug Barrier Mattress Protector

(6 posts)
  1. jjakk

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Dec 22 2010 17:41:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Bought this one today in 'Bed, Bath and Beyond'. It's made by 'Arm & Hammer. Is this a good encasement ... anyone have this one?

2. jjakk

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Dec 22 2010 22:46:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Well I put the Encasement on and want to report that it is way too big in depth. I could actually fit 2 mattresses in there. I got the Full bed size but it does not fit snugly at all - too much excess space.

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Dec 22 2010 23:44:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Use Protect-A-Bed mattress encasements. Use a mattress encasement on your box spring (not a box spring encasement). They are sized right based on depth and will not provide hiding spots because of folds or wrinkles in the material.. If you are using an encasement on the box spring, send me a private message and I'll tell you how to prevent it from ripping. If you just put this on without a few simple steps, it will rip in a month or less.

Just about anything from BB&B including the info the rep gave you in another thread is garbage. The climb ups are good!

4. feastedupon

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Dec 26 2010 19:59:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi KillerQueen! A few months back during my building's last treatment, I bought the Allergy Lux brand because I needed something quickly. Eventually these will be replaced by Protect-a-Bed (and I've sent this link to a few friends in the neighborhood for their own protection), but at the moment I want to be prepared financially in case my PCO has other more immediate recommendations after Wednesday's visit. When they treated everything last time, they said my mattress and box showed no evidence of BBs, so I'm hoping the encasements are still protecting from invasion, but I know there are no guarantees. My question is, specifically how are these encasements garbage? Will they be ok in the short term? I hate to think I just wasted all that money for nothing, but still want to be as careful as possible. I'm also set with climb-ups too, bed pulled from wall, metal frame, etc. so for other matters I'll have to wait until Wednesday.

Thank you!

5. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Dec 26 2010 23:37:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Feast,
    You have a confirmed infestation or did you encase the mattress preventively (spelling)? Looking back I think you sent a private message to me. I'll get to that by mid day tomorrow, sorry.

6. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Dec 28 2010 13:33:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I happen to like Allergy Luxe from BB&B. In fact, I've done two dorm room beds and all four of our beds here at home. If you read online reviews, you'll see what encasements are "garbage". The biggest complaint is that they tear easily. My encasements may be bigger than they need to be, but at least they hold up.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,483 posts in 49,273 topics over 152 months by 21,594 of 22,016 members. Latest: evil11, Airbnbug, junojunk