Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Allergy? bed bugs??? Pics

(5 posts)
  1. Wtf13

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 30 2015 4:10:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been getting these welts all over for the last 6 months and my doctors do not know what could be causing it. I did have an exterminator come out and look for bed bugs and they said they didn't see any sign of them. But I am going crazy trying to figure out what is causing this. Most pictures I see of bed bugs do not look this swollen, but I might be having an allergic reaction? The part that gets me is sometimes they are in a row and if it was just hives I feel like it wouldn't do that. Did anyone else have this problem when they had bed bugs? I have never had allergies in my life, so it seems weird to just have hives all of a sudden after 30 years.

Hip

Lower stomach/hip

Forearm (note this is the size they start and the then swell anywhere from 50 cent piece to frisbee size)

Leg

Upper arm

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 30 2015 5:01:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you seen a dermatologist?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. tripturnedintoanightmare

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 30 2015 9:17:18
    #

Login to Send PM

If you had been having bedbugs for 6 months without doing any kind of treatment (heat, chemicals, etc), you would be seeing them by now I guess.

4. SODABOTTLEBB

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 30 2015 10:14:20
    #

Login to Send PM

At age 20 I suddenly and inexplicably developed an allergy to nearly all laundry detergents, which causes no skin reactions whatsoever but gives me symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection if I wear underwear washed in standard detergent. It took me months to figure it out, doctors told me "no way is that a reaction to something, you have a problem with your urinary tract" but I finally figured it out once I realized symptoms flared up every two weeks--after my biweekly laundry trip to my parents' place.

Allergies are weird things. Just from what I've been reading here I think after six months of feeding bedbugs a PCO would be able to find something. Maybe see a dermatologist or try switching to a super-Eco friendly laundry detergent.

5. Wtf13

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 30 2015 11:15:16
    #

Login to Send PM

tripturnedintoanightmare - 1 hour ago  » 
    If you had been having bedbugs for 6 months without doing any kind of treatment (heat, chemicals, etc), you would be seeing them by now I guess.

Ya that is what I was thinking. I just sometimes only get 3-4 marks and sometimes 30. And they can do the row I kept reading about. Having never has anything like this bugs were the only thing that made sense. I break out mostly at night / find the bumps first thing in the morning which is what made me think bedbugs. But ya nothing in 6 months and I even purchased a trap from the exterminator (the little black cup things) nadda. :0/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,240 posts in 50,145 topics over 155 months by 21,921 of 22,417 members. Latest: plsnopls, Ldrago, frustrated1970