Air Purifiers to filter DE

(2 posts)
  1. floridabugger

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Feb 1 2016 22:21:31
    #

Login to Send PM

In short, had a bad DE experience (I was warned; at least I used a P100 respirator due to you all, but even after cleaning it all up, still coughing and short of breath). Haven't been able to find lower bound for particle size of DE, and would prefer not to have to buy a 160$ unit. Looking at either the honeywell 50250 S or the honeywell quietclean compact HFD 010. The former filters particles as small as .3 microns whereas the latter it doesn't say the particle size it filters (just that it filters 99% of particles). Is there a number such that if the air purifier filters most particles of size __, it'll suffice?

I really appreciate it.

2. floridabugger

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Feb 1 2016 22:24:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, it'd be helpful if both would be sufficient, only the more expensive unit would work well enough, or neither are worth buying.

I used it on carpet, and cleaned it up via soap and water and then vacuuming immediately after...unsure if the water temporarily dissolved it, but then it dried and began going up in the air again? Unfortunately have no windows that open in room or in house altogether :(.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,532 posts in 47,908 topics over 148 months by 21,105 of 21,444 members. Latest: bugsaway71, odetteamo, nyc-bedbugs