Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » About the Forums

after my 2nd treatment i am still getting bit ?? is this normal

(9 posts)
  1. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Aug 4 2011 11:11:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Is this normal??? Had first treatment on the july 18th and I was staying in my son's room and he never had them............no bugs or bites until july 27th a bite and a bite on the 28th and 29th.........went to get bed covers walmart but they had none so my son and i covered the bed with saran wrap and no bite..........resprayed 3 days later (on monday) and nothing until wednesday I notice 2 bites on my legs and this morning i have one on my back..............i still have everything in green bags there is dust every where and I am going to find mattress covers today because my bed is in my room and i havent looked in there since it was strayed the first time 18 days ago..............how long will this take ??? I have the couch dusted and i will cover it with plastic today.........will it just take time or will i need another spraying because my landlord will do as many as needed..................I think I am going nuts here..........my son did get bit when he slept on the couch the night I noticed I had bugs in my bed but he hasnt had one since then and he sleeps on the top bunk and I sleep on the bottom..........whats up I just dont get it and I cant live like this no more please someone tell me if its normal for the bugs to still bite after the 2nd spraying.............thank you

2. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Aug 10 2011 11:39:19
    #

Login to Send PM

UPDATE....................i was still getting bit after my second straying because i just sealed the one or so bb in the saran wrap and they found a way out (on the 5th day) anyways I got a encasement with a zipper and i put it right over the mattress and left the saran wrap on............I duct taped the zipper (twice) then I wrapped the whole thing in saran wrap again then i wrapped it in clear tape because I have 2 cats so just in case...............so far so good no more bites and this is the 6th day and NOTHING............thank god !!!! I am going to get 2 twin mattresses for my son's room but I need to save up first then I need a bed for my room and a new sofa........... !!!!

Does anybody know how many days of being bite free before you know you are free and clear ?

thank you

3. bedbugman

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Aug 10 2011 15:43:47
    #

Login to Send PM

It's very rare I find activity after 3 weeks the activity usually declines after around 14 days and is usually totally clear at day 30.

>i hate buggs - 3 hours ago  » 
    UPDATE....................i was still getting bit after my second straying because i just sealed the one or so bb in the saran wrap and they found a way out (on the 5th day) anyways I got a encasement with a zipper and i put it right over the mattress and left the saran wrap on............I duct taped the zipper (twice) then I wrapped the whole thing in saran wrap again then i wrapped it in clear tape because I have 2 cats so just in case...............so far so good no more bites and this is the 6th day and NOTHING............thank god !!!! I am going to get 2 twin mattresses for my son's room but I need to save up first then I need a bed for my room and a new sofa........... !!!!
    Does anybody know how many days of being bite free before you know you are free and clear ?
    thank you

4. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Aug 11 2011 10:30:52
    #

Login to Send PM

UPDATE NO.2..................................I spoke too soon, I took a nap yesterday and I got 3 bites on my bottom and when I woke up this morning I have one on each leg.....................what should I do ???? Is it all from one bug or do I need to be sprayed again ?? I am going to put another encasement on my twin mattress and see what happens (i have no sofa or chair left and if i throw it out i have no place to sleep or sit).............I am so done with these !!!

5. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Aug 11 2011 10:35:05
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugman - 18 hours ago  » 
    It's very rare I find activity after 3 weeks the activity usually declines after around 14 days and is usually totally clear at day 30.
    >i hate buggs - 3 hours ago  » 
    thank you

Hi bedbugman,
    so does that mean the bites should stop after 14 days ??? I am so confused from lack of sleep..........is it the hatched ones biting me and do they bit you then die ???

6. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Aug 26 2011 3:51:39
    #

Login to Send PM

UPDATE....
    I realized they got into my pillow (pillow in case then another pillow in case then both stuffed into another case) and all i was doing was putting the whole thing in the dryer for a hour DUH..........and for the life of me I dont know why I did that........anyways I threw it in the garbage and bought a new one and I double wrapped my mattress with 2 casings and its been 4 days now and no more bites.............but if i do get another bite i will get sprayed again but hopefully I wont need too. I will keep everything in the garbage bags and the DE down in the cracks and under the bed until I know that they are gone (60 days bite free) !!!

UPDATE.........6 DAYS NO BITE !!! 54 MORE DAYS TO GO !!!

7. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 29 2011 8:53:24
    #

Login to Send PM

UPDATE.........day 9
    I found 3 bites !!!! Will wash all bedding today vacuum then pour boiling water on metal bed frame...........wet back it up then put down some more DE !!

I HATE THESE MUDDER EFFERS !!!!

8. Sir Green Day

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 30 2011 14:28:06
    #

Login to Send PM

DE will not eliminate BB's on it's own. In fact I've found that it really doesn't do much at all. You have to put it down do its almost not visible. If you put down too much thry will just avoid it.

You CAN NOT eliminate BB's on your own. They are just too good at hiding in places you'll never reach with powder or Bedlam Etc.

You need to get a good PCO. If you get a good one, they should be able to eliminate all BB' in 1 treatment, 2 at the most.

9. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Aug 31 2011 8:13:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I am getting another treatment but I didnt want to get bit again and when I put the DE down I gently swept it until you cant see it anymore and the reason my son's room got them (only the bottom bunk as I am sleeping there now) is because I never slept in my own bed after I notice I had bb and in between my first and second treatment I never washed and dried my pillow and pillow case right so they got into it (too long of a story to rewrite and lets just say common sense left me on that day). I haven't been bit since and now I know what I did wrong (still kicking myself tho).

thank you

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,903 posts in 50,059 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,370 members. Latest: Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019, aims6186