Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

after chemical treatment...no new evidence but getting bites.

(4 posts)
  1. bedbugged80

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Oct 6 2016 11:28:21
    #

Login to Send PM

ok...ive already told my bb story so i will skip all the details. we had a minor infestation, prepped the house and had 1st treatment within a week of finding first bb. we were told it wasnt uncommon to see a live bug after treatment and not to worry bcuz they will cross poison and die. (temprid sc and delta dust used for 1st treatment). we havent seen anything...live or dead. we sprayed more temprid after 10 days and used cimexa. this was 4 or 5 days ago. still no live bugs or new fecal but my mom has woken up with bites twice...both times around 4 am. im aware bites are unreliable and there can be delayed reactions. but maybe i am missinf the signs and there are some left and/or newly hatched nymphs.
    my mom called a PCO today that does heat treatment and it will cost about $1000 for this house so we dont want to do that yet. but the guy she spoke with said to get bowls and put alcohol in them to use as monitors and said the bugs will get stuck/die in there. isnt this dangerous? plus i have sprayed a couple live ones with alcohol (91%) when i needed them for ID and one didnt even die for 2 days. is there something else we can use in the bowls that will work? we will order monitors but it will be a few days before we can do that. so whats the best thing to do in the meantime?
    also, is the residual definitely going to kill these Aholes? how long does that usually take after contact?
    i have checked beds and couches pretty thoroughly...flashlight, magnifying glass, credit card for certain seams on the couch. how likely is it that i would see them? before the 1st treatment, i found them pretty easily just by checking corners of mattresses and found one on the bedskirt. i check in the am after i wake up, i check in the middle of the night when i wake up, i check often. wouldnt i see something by now?
    both times my mom got bit we looked for the fecal traces and found nothing. there will definitely be fecal after bites right??
    we just want to know if theyre in fact still here and if its just the last of the infestation dying off or if we still have a problem?

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Oct 7 2016 3:47:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. Get in touch with the PCO who did the treatment and ask them to come back and do an inspection. One treatment is often not sufficient.
    Heat treatment is probably unnecessary as you were told.
    The bowls the PCO was referring to are generally called 'climb ups' and are put on the legs of the bed so that the bedbugs cannot get off the bed nor get on it. They are not usually filled with alcohol and yes alcohol is flammable and dangerous. I would wait until after another inspection to start spending more money.
    As to bites. No there is not always fecal evidence that can be seen by a non expert.

3. bedbugged80

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Oct 7 2016 8:36:58
    #

Login to Send PM

is it kinda weird that we havent seen any dead or live bugs since treatment. seems like people always see the carcasses or see a couple live ones or something.

4. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Oct 7 2016 9:56:49
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugged80 - 1 hour ago  » 
    is it kinda weird that we havent seen any dead or live bugs since treatment. seems like people always see the carcasses or see a couple live ones or something.

No not necessarily especially if it was a light infestation. Sorry I missed that it was a light infestation that is probably why the PCO hasn't treated again BUT if someone is still getting bitten then call PCO back to inspect.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88