Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

After a night of bits and a day of cleaning... I have found a bug!

(3 posts)
  1. itchyy

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Sep 29 2009 15:35:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I got bitten last night, I would say about 15 times on my elbow...
    This is the thrid time it has happened in about 10 days when I have woken up with a burning itchy feeling and many lumps, like hives.

I woke up and washed my sheets/ comforter, I then searched the matteress and areas near the bed. I found brown spots but not really stains, more like dirt specs that could be picked off. After vacumning the matress and carpets, THERE WAS A BUG on my night stand!!

I now have it under a glass and do not know what to do next, I am scared to remove the cup to be more sure that this is def a bed bug because I dont want it to get away... Any suggestions?

2. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Sep 29 2009 16:29:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I used clear tape to "catch" the bugs I found and then stuck the tape (to which the bug was stuck) to an index card. I put that into a ziplock bag that I put in the freezer. I figured that would keep the sample preserved and trapped to give to a PCO. It worked fine. When I handed the bag to the PCO, he took one look, and said, yep, bed bugs, and I had my confirmation.

3. QueensBedbugs

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Sep 29 2009 18:27:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbugs are pretty slow to run away. I had found a couple in August on my stuff, walked over to boxes to search for a clear film container to store it in, and a few minutes later the bug was still there and I was able to catch it fairly easily. If it's under a glass, you shouldn't have trouble with it running away, but if you want to be safe, buggyinsocial's suggestion of sticky tape is a good idea. you can place the tape in a large square around the glass so that if you're having trouble picking it up, it won't go far.

If you smoosh it against a hard surface, it explodes, so try to avoid doing that so that the exterminator can identify it (and so you have proof for your landlord or whoever else may doubt there's a problem).

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,333 posts in 50,175 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14