Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Afraid of infecting loved ones

(5 posts)
  1. Rebecca

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 17 2016 1:23:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Today I learned that bed bugs are the source of my many bites. This revelation coincided with a family reunion being hosted at my home. All of my loved ones are either sleeping at my home or spending most of their time here over this weekend. I am beside myself with the thought that I am passing the problem along.

I want to know how others have handled this situation.

I am the only one (so far) who has suffered from bites. My husband and sons are unaffected.

2. bugged-cdn

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 17 2016 5:17:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Your husband and son could be bitten but not react to the bites. This is the case for roughly 30% of the population. Human Reactions to Bed Bug Bites

I don't know how I'd handle the situation, given that your guests were already at your house when you found out. That's a tricky situation

3. bugged-cdn

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 17 2016 5:19:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Your husband and son could be bitten but not reacting to the bites. About 30% of the population don't react.

I don't know how I'd handle your situation, seeing that your guests were already staying at your house when you found out. That's a tricky one. Hopefully some more experienced members will have good advice for you. Hang in there.

4. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 17 2016 9:43:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Please, PLEASE tell them. Bed bugs are like the stomach flu. If you have it, it isn't your fault, and the people around you need to be informed. There may be some bad reactions due to the misinformation out there but the absolute best thing for everyone is getting this handled ASAP.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 17 2016 19:13:26
    #

Login to Send PM

The travel FAQs cover what people can do to avoid bringing the problem home from an infested location.

Before you tell everyone, how did you verify the bites are from bed bugs and that they are in your home (as opposed to work or another location)? If you found a bug, you can post a photo for ID.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie