Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Advise: Dealing with my landlord & my bed

(3 posts)
  1. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 18:01:28
    #

Login to Send PM

So, it's been 2 weeks since my first "treatment". (Mainly the bed was treated, and spots chosen randomly around the perimeter of the main part of my studio.)

In the first couple of days, I captured an adult and killed 2 freshly fed nymphs. I haven't seen any since.

Sometime in the last couple of weeks, I gained two new blood spots on my clean sheet.

However, I am no longer reacting to bites if I am receiving them. No itches, no welts. My welts from before are starting to heal. Decluttering got rid of some of the irritants and my skin seems to have calmed down, but I can't imagine I'd go from blistering at bite sites to non-reactive.

My mattress & box spring are not encased and the soft bedding behind the bed the "PCO" covered with drione dust remains where he treated it. As do the stored items underneath the box spring. (Which I believe still have the fabric on the bottom.) I am physically unable to take care of encasing the bedding or tossing much of this out between my allergies, the tiny space and my physical shape.

Having a deathly phobia of bugs isn't helping.

Before my landlord will treat again, he has asked that I move out more stuff. Remove it entirely from the apartment. This includes stuff, but also furniture. As I have no vehicle, nor any storage facilities within walking distance, so this is both expensive and nearly impossible to do.

Obviously, anything untreated shouldn't be moved. I don't know what to do. I'm in Astoria, NY. Does anyone know what my rights are? (I couldn't tell from the nyc site.) I know he needs to get rid of the bugs, but does he have the right to force me to toss out my belongings to do that?

My plan is to move out soon, but I want to keep the infestation in check, if that's why I am not scratching every morning.

Any ideas/knowledge/theories?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 21:46:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Call Met Council on Housing. There's a link which goes to their website in the Resources page, under tenant resources. On their website, find their free hotline and call them. They know the housing code in NYC and will know how to advise you. They're excellent.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 23:35:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks. I will call them in the morning.

Is it likely that my reaction would be so
    Drastically different?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,409 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams