Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Advice re treatment with no bug evidence better ssfe than sorry?

(8 posts)
  1. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Oct 18 2018 15:48:40
    #

Login to Send PM

So... I am unnerved by the idea of bed bugs. I don't know why but, pests with more than 4 legs really freak me out. I have been searching and cleaning, found no evidence (other than things that look like weevils of some sort and box elder bugs) but, am contemplating getting something to treat anyway that would leave a residual just in case. I want all pests gone anyway...do bed bug sprays kill all other bugs too? Thanks!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Oct 18 2018 16:26:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Cimexa can last for years if undisturbed.

3. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 24 2018 12:52:32
    #

Login to Send PM

If I were to use those supposed home defense type sprays on my base boards as a precaution (I got it to kill the box elder bugs but, it lists bed bugs too) would that be a possibile barrier against infestation? I have been looking for a few weeks actively and months passively (aka when I change the sheets) haven't found anything but, with all the horror stories...I am having a hard time shaking the phobia. I don't think that they would prefer to live in my unfinished basement and would always be trying to come up for a meal so would then have to come in contact with my spray that claims to last at least 6 months effective. Thanks in advance for any advice. My husband doesn't want to hire pest control until I can prove we have an issue but with kids...I don't want an issue and I always think an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

4. bugged-cdn

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 25 2018 19:46:31
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband doesn't want to hire pest control until I can prove we have an issue
    What makes you think you have an issue?
    What is a PCO supposed to be treating for, if there's no evidence?

5. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 25 2018 21:28:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Visited and had visits from some one who has an issue. They thought it was contained but recently found it to be more rampant than tjey had thought. They are diy treating so I am just very afraid. I found two little grey dots on my babies mattress pad (but not on her sheet directly above) about a month ago. I have not found anything else. I am the only one itching although it may be the cleaning products and the warm dry air now that we have started running heaters. I am just so afraid that I am going to miss something and end up with one of the never ending nightmares that are posted everywhere. Family thinks I am crazy and going way overboard.

6. thirdusername

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Oct 26 2018 1:10:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sure my family thinks I'm crazy.
    I actually had a light infestation.
    I think being cautious is wise.
    Good luck.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  7. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 7:28:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been everywhere that I can even think of, have stuck playing cards in every crack and searched high and low. No bugs and no skins and nothing that looks like a harborage. Family claiming no bites, any dots on baby face are drool rash or her scratching herself with her scraggy nails (which has been remedied) and my scratching is most likely because I have been bleach scrubbing sans gloves and showering in the hottest water possible. I am hoping that I am in the clear but, I will always do a quick check with every sheet change forever so that if I do end up with an issue I will catch it quick. I am still a little skeeved by what I did find in some of those nooks and crannies that you don't think to get with normal cleaning (I never realized how unclean an average cleaning was!!) AND have a new dedication to decluttering! I am trying to be super hopeful so that I can stop driving my family insane...hopefully I can do it...although I really wish I could revert back to thinking that bed bugs were only in nursery rhymes and not REAL!!

8. VeryScared2FindOut

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 21:43:18
    #

Login to Send PM

So...I am still paranoid but, have my monitors on the way. I am going to do a little dust to see if I can get rid of all the beetles I have found. I am feeling good that I am not totally dusting out of sheer paranoia...only partially. I am sure hoping that the monitors that I ordered end up as empty as the glue boards...figuring since I am still having a hard time totally convincing myself that we are most likely in the clear...hopefully this extra layer of precautions will help.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,578 posts in 46,826 topics over 143 months by 20,660 of 21,557 members. Latest: Dread Bugs, gbbedbug, BuggedOUTinOH