Advice on fabric items that are not clothing and clothes that can't go in dryer

(1 post)
  1. sunburst16

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 17 2017 18:43:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm dealing with my second bed bug infestation and I'm determined to make this time the last time I ever deal with this and am trying to leave no leaf upturned. My main concerns are how to deal with my clothes that can not go in the dryer and items that contain fabric that are not clothing.

For the clothes that can not go in the dryer my plan was to soak all of them in a garbage bag filled with white vinegar for several hours and then wash them in cold water and hang to dry. Does this seem like it would be thoroughly effective between the vinegar and the washing?

For the other fabric (Suitcases, cloth bins, electronics with fabric lining) items my tentative plan is if possible to soak the item in white vinegar and rinse it off in the tub. For items where that it not possible I'm planning on spraying them with a combination of rubbing alcohol and white vinegar the airing out to dry. There are some things I really do not want to throw out but I'm not sure what else to do to make sure they are rid of bed bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,685 posts in 50,015 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me