Advice needed. Moving soon. OCD. Bedbugs _HELP_

(14 posts)
  1. canadianbug

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jun 8 2014 23:00:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I am sorry if this doesn't fit into the right category but I need some advice (asap).

I posted this a few weeks ago

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/moving-without-worrying

It's a very long post and in conclusion I took extra precautions every day, kept my place as clean as I could and inspected my surroundings for any bed bug signs, and so far so good.

In three (3) weeks I will be moving out from this horrible place and I do not want to bring a bed bug problem with me.

Since the last post I noticed 3-4 "bites" but nothing conclusive and probably acne (shoulders, back torso)

Here's the deal. I had a friend come over the other night and he missed his bus home so he stayed the night in my bed. I have no reasonable proof or reason for the matter to think he has bed bugs.

However I suffer from OCD and generalized anxiety and have severe issues with cleanliness and germs (please don't judge it's hard enough).

well as soon as he left I vacuumed and cleaned the area around my bed and put all the linens etc in the dryer not the pillows themselves but everything else.

Now I am really concerned I will have a horrible surprise in a few weeks or days before my move…

Should I be concerned, now I have this disgusting feeling when I m in my bed I m sure many of you are familiar with.

Thank you so much.

F.

2. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jun 8 2014 23:15:00
    #

Login to Send PM

look, don't you think moving is stressful enough without adding the thoughts of maybe bed bugs and what if and omigod....

you are just stressed about moving, I remember your previous posts, you are from Montreal also right?

I understand your fear, I went for an outing today (as my old ass fridge gave out in this heat, but that's another story, someone is giving me a better one) dear God, every single street has a mattress or bed parts thrown in the thrash..... that doesn't help and later in June it's gonna be even crazier.....

Just concentrate on your new place instead of bugs, how are you gonna set up your stuff? will you get a plant? look at your new place on google street view, check out the parks nearby, or whatever stuff that you may find interesting

ride a bike (boy I wish I was able to ride a bike) go to the swimming pool, go in the old port

stop thinking about bugs!!!!!!!!!

Andrea
    not a PCO
    Spinal Cord Injury Advocacy/Volunteer
  3. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jun 8 2014 23:23:12
    #

Login to Send PM

got your PM replied to it also

anyone else reading this from Montreal could YOU PLEASE not dump your beds on the sidewalk or lean them against the trees??? it's getting disgusting

call the city service they will pick up stuff like that for FREE, and tell you what day to put it out

4. canadianbug

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jun 8 2014 23:25:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes I am from Montreal,

Actually I have summer classes and in a few weeks I will be able to enjoy everything Montreal has to offer.

I don't get your mattress reference, however. Do you think I should be concerned?

It's crazy before I knew bed bugs were a thing I did not worry about any of the above.

My new neighbourhood is actually amazing. I checked it out last weekend.

5. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jun 8 2014 23:30:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't get your mattress reference, however. Do you think I should be concerned?

not directed at you and no you should not worry

I put this just in case someone else on the forum from Montreal was considering doing this, because it seems that every one who is moving is doing that

6. fightorflight

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Jun 10 2014 2:28:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Endless Nightmare - you're after my time, but active. I find your comments extremely therapeutic and helpful. You're like Polly on The Awl (aka Cheryl Strayed, I believe). Nice work.

7. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Jun 10 2014 6:23:25
    #

Login to Send PM

This is for endless, if I had a dollar for everyone who thanked you on this site.....I would take it and move someplace warm...;)

Thanks for your time and wisdom. I took your mattress comment to also mean seeing the mattresses is increasing ocd fear of bedbugs. .

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  8. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jun 11 2014 0:30:17
    #

Login to Send PM

seeing the mattresses is increasing ocd fear of bedbugs. .

Absolutely TAOT, nice call.

You're like Polly on The Awl

well that's just about the nicest thing anyone said to me in a while! great reference

9. canadianbug

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jun 11 2014 17:10:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I FOUND BED BUGS! I M FREAKING OUT!

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jun 11 2014 17:12:08
    #

Login to Send PM

theyareoutthere - 1 day ago  » 
    This is for endless, if I had a dollar for everyone who thanked you on this site.....I would take it and move someplace warm...;)

Agreed.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  11. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jun 11 2014 17:22:19
    #

Login to Send PM

canadianbug - 8 minutes ago  » 
    I FOUND BED BUGS! I M FREAKING OUT!

1. Where did you find them? Was it 3 feet from the bed?
    2. Can you post pictures?
    3. How did you find them? You saw movement? You were cleaning...try not to disturb anything.

I'm praying that it is beetles. I won't be able to identify, but I'm really hoping it's baby cockroaches or something.

12. canadianbug

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jun 11 2014 17:39:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I am moving in less than 3 weeks! Weeks of anxiety combined with my OCD, all that to find a ... Bed bug Today!

My place has been upside down for the past weeks , moved my bed around, packed boxes to move, replaced the furniture, frequent vacuuming and cleaning, etc… I live in a studio apartment, so the bugs can be anywhere. How the ...am I supposed to finish my degree in the next two weeks, get rid of bed bugs in less than 20 days and move?

Am I just the unluckiest person alive?

here s the photo.

http://imgur.com/5TDQiel

13. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jun 11 2014 18:09:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Slow down and take the information "one step at a time". Where did you find the bedbug.

I can't see the picture (Imgur). There is a link on how to post photos. Read through the green stickies, one is about photos.

Then start a separate thread labeled BUG PHOTO ID and post the photo. No matter who else responds ...keep checking until an expert IDs. We've had nonexperts say "yep" and then it wasn't one.

Do not label the thread for the photo ID with anything but BUG PHOTO ID. Some of the experts won't realize it is for an ID if there is a really long title or too long of an explanation. It's either a bug or it isn't.

Do say in bullet points:

What time you found it.
    Where you found it and that you are in a studio
    Ask if it is male or femal and if it appears to have recently fed

Good luck.

14. fightorflight

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Jun 12 2014 2:24:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Endless - glad you got the reference.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,729 posts in 50,023 topics over 155 months by 21,872 of 22,355 members. Latest: BedBugNinja, citycpap, AnxiousAngela1989