Advice needed

(6 posts)
  1. BuggyMomma

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Nov 5 2010 8:12:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry if this is long but I don't know who else to ask. So I posted last week about mystery bites on my son and I. We continue to get bites and I am pretty sure if I don't find out what is going on I am going to lose my mind (or my husband is going to run away). I have climbups on my sons toddler bed, placed glue traps all around (I know not the best method of detection) and have bbalert with the heatpack under the couch for the last week and half. We haven't seen anything except one possible blood stain on our comforter and off course the bites. We were cleared by a PCO 3 weeks ago and then a K9 team a week after that. I am wondering if I should hire a second PCO to come inspect or have a K9 from a different company come out. I understand nothing is 100% and I think that is part of the reason I am so freaked out. I have explored other possibilities such as fleas and come up empty. I can tell you we have carpet beetles but it looks liek they have been around for a while and these bites started up after our family vacation about 5 weeks ago. I am scratching like a mad woman and I have one more chance to find proof before my husband's patience run out. I have already spent hundreds of dollars that we don't have and can't sleep at night. Two nights ago I felt a pinch and when I got up I had a bite on my neck which reallly has me thinking something is going on. I am looking for any type of advice or guidance on timelines and the next steps I should take. Any help would be awesome. Thank you! Also has anyone experienced false engatives from a K9?

2. SearchandDestroy

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Nov 5 2010 17:06:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Shouldn't the bbalert be near the head of your bed since your bites are "in bed?"

3. Richard_Naylor

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Nov 5 2010 17:52:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I would suggest getting a passive monitor, like the passive BB Alert one. This can be tucked under the head end of the mattress and really are good at attracting bedbugs.

If a PCO and a dog team have given you the all clear but you are getting new bites then there is a strong possibility that it isn't bedbugs that are biting you. Bedbugs are messy creatures so their signs shouldn't be hard for a PCO to spot. Depending where you live there are quite a few potential biters about, including many species of mosquito.

Sorry I can't be more help. I hope you get some answers soon.

4. BuggyMomma

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Nov 6 2010 8:59:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your replies! My son drags his blankets and stuffed animals from his bed to our bed and onto the couch in the morning so I just figured they would be there as well and that it would work best there since nobody sleeps there at night. I read that bedbugs would still prefer a human over that because it doesn't give off any C02. I really hope it is something else biting us but since there are two of us being bitten and it all started after a vacation I am having a hard time getting past the possibility of bed bugs. We don't have the money to combat the issue and will be having a baby in 11 weeks so it is very stressful along with the upcoming holidays and a very sick Dad. I cry everyday because I don't know what else to I can do. I know it varys widely but can anyone tell me how long it would take to see obvious signs (fecal, casts, eggs etc.) after an initial infestation? We got back September 24th so it has been 6 week so far.

5. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Nov 6 2010 9:21:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Here is a link to an article that may be helpful

http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/entfactpdf/ent58.pdf

6. BuggyMomma

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 7 2010 9:42:52
    #

Login to Send PM

DougSummersMS - 1 day ago  » 
    Here is a link to an article that may be helpful
    http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/entfactpdf/ent58.pdf

Thank you Doug. I was wondering if you could tell me how soon is too soon for a god to detect a new infestation. I was told they coudl find one egg in a box spring but I know that would be difficult. It has been more than 3 weeks since my last sweep and I am thinking about doing another one this week since the bites seem to be increasing. What are your thoughts?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081