Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Advice about k9

(4 posts)
  1. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jun 25 2017 11:09:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi I've been dealing with hopefully a small isolated infestation in my room in my mattress I have found 2 bugs on 2 different occasions in my son's room I have had spray treatments and dusted cimexa in the walls and around outlets. I want to hire a k9 to clear my house (no sign of anything for 2 weeks no bites for a month) on top of the bb problem I have a rat/mice problem (bad) and I'm wondering will the k9 be accurate if there's rodents running around in walls? I want the assurance they are gone but I dnt want the k9 to be wrong. And is the k9 better than a pco for detection because a company will come and check for bugs for a reasonable price too. Thanks and any advice is welcome

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jun 25 2017 21:12:02
    #

Login to Send PM

You applied a dust and that could be a problem for the dog. Also, you might have a rodent mite problem and not only a bed bug issue. The samples were correctly identified, right?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jun 26 2017 10:31:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes they were identified. And mites? Do they bite us because none of us have bites and that's what keeps me sane. I just want to make sure the Lil buggers are gone. My landlord and the guy he's having spray says they are gone but I'm still worried and thought maybe if I had someone confirm an all clear it would make me feel better. I'm worried because it's only been a month and they seem to be gone and it seems too good to be true.

4. Canuck

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jun 26 2017 12:38:05
    #

Login to Send PM

As long as the dust applications were applied correctly, which by the op's description sounds like it was correct - behind outlets, in walls. Of course, the handler should do a walk-through safety audit before bringing the k9 into the residence; also the k9's behavious will let the handler know if there is a problem with dust.

The scent of rodents will be a distraction, and probably make the inspection a little longer, but a properly trained k9 will perform accurately. A similar situation occurs when the residence has pets (which are removed for the inspection); the k9 will spend the first few minutes of the inspection ensuring the pets are not on the premises and then will get down to business. Sheree

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,753 posts in 45,865 topics over 139 months by 20,195 of 21,000 members. Latest: dmlee, curiousbug123, bbcurious