Active Monitor

(6 posts)
  1. rca

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Apr 23 2018 10:34:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I got home from my trip with my bite welts in healing mode. Stopped at my local pest supply store for identification. I have been planning, while gone, on actively treating without getting further bites. I had ordered Cimexa, while away, & got Cyzmic, a duster, and Nuvan strips (for enclosed spaces) from the supply store. Went into the house with some 40% Deet on my shoes and ankles and went to work on my upstairs.

Vacuumed thoroughly, cleaned what I could (much that I own is still in plastic boxes since I am building inside of house myself), encased mattress, and treated the entire area with Cyzmic. I intend to wait some days before putting Cimexa in any electric outlets and Nuvan strips in enclosed knee walls & closets. I also gathered anything to be washed and placed in contractor bag, to be washed today. I thoroughly sprayed stairs, hoping it would keep bugs in place while I work on downstairs.

I have a safe place to stay and have no intention of getting more welts, if possible. But, I do need a method of knowing if my work is getting rid of them, as I go through this. Are there any active monitors that are known to work well?. Thanks.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Apr 23 2018 11:16:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you finding live bed bugs or are you just basing this on your welts?

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. rca

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Apr 23 2018 11:29:59
    #

Login to Send PM

No, I brought one to pest supply for identification. In your experiences, is there a good active monitor that can be used to see if treatment is working (other than my human body)?

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Apr 23 2018 12:10:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't have much experience with active monitors.

5. Canuck

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat Apr 28 2018 12:28:02
    #

Login to Send PM

PackTite's Bed Bug Beacon has a good reputation.

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector
  6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun Apr 29 2018 20:07:22
    #

Login to Send PM

The Bed Bug Beacon may be useful in an unoccupied space. More on it in Useful Tools.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,173 posts in 46,246 topics over 140 months by 20,386 of 21,217 members. Latest: VAhouse, dontpanic, Koroifox