A. Why are bedbugs smarter than you?!

(37 posts)
  1. NYCCELEBRITY

Banned

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 12:46:51
    #

Login to Send PM

My friend moved out of a bedbug infested tenement building in Brooklyn! We went to pick up his security deposit from the bedbug housing and breeding buglord! After that we went to a cafe where we met a woman who lives in a coop and uses bedbug howling beagles to find her bedbugs! Then we went to TMobile and met a sales girl with bedbug bite scars over her arms who had spent 850 dollars to have an unsuccessful extermination a few months earlier! She claims her bedbugs come out at 4 a.m. every morning@! She has been using 90% alcohol spray every night around everything before she goes to sleep!

Any of you boys ever go fishing?! One fishes very successfully at certain times of the day - i.e. at dusk, at dawn and or when it is overcast and raining (i would also say that moon cycles play a role in activity with bedbugs and fish just like every other living creature on this planet) Just like jesus would say a body fungus is a disease of your temple, well bedbugs are a disease of the dwelling temple that contains your own personal body temple!!

If you want to kill off the colonies of bedbugs infesting your dwelling temple, and you are an expert fisherman, hmm, focus!! If bedbugs come out at optimal times like 4 a.m., then a master bedbug colony hunter will apply their tactics at 4 a.m. (or whatever the exact time to be decided is!) Hence the reason why everyone is failing at bedbug elimination, all of you morons, including the fake moron professional bedbug pest control elimination industry is a JOKE!!!

Also when one is a master fisherman, one does not go out at optimal fish activity cycles and create chaos that chases the fish away - i.e. one does NOT spray chemicals around that chases bedbugs into hiding/hibernation (where it is common knowledge that they can live for months without feeding)! As with these chemicals the bedbugs will wait months, if necessary, until they deem it safe to come back out and feed on your bodies!

When one is a master fisherman, one is quite, calm and patient, and lures the fish to the boat with bait, chum, shiny lures with hooks, etc and nets and gaffs!!! If I were a master bedbug colony destroyer: 1) I will hunt at optimal times of the night! 2) I will not chase the bedbugs back into hiding with moronic chemical odors 3) I will lure the bedbug colonies out of their safe zones and trap and kill them in mass 4) I will vacuum up the successful bedbug colony slaughter!

What we must do is discover and create a bedbug lure that draws as many bedbugs out of hiding to the lure at optimal bedbug activity hours! I have not finished meditating on what this or these lures might be, but for starters I would say some large or many smaller optimally placed warm, dark, human pheromone scented traps!!!

This sort of reminds me of the AMAs approach to body fungus (i.e. jock and foot itch, et al)! Where doctors prescribe topical medications that drive the fungus deeper inside of the body, resulting in a seemingly fungus free skin, forcing the funguses to delve deeper into the body later manifesting in prostate, blood, bone, organ cancers!! When the way to kill the body fungus is to draw it out of the body and kill it on the surface! The only way I know to do that is with soaking a cotton ball with 35% (not 3%) hydrogen peroxide and rubbing that cotton ball over and over the affected area drawing it out and killing it on the surface, it absolutely works, is extremely painful and takes a few applications!

Okay boys, think, hunt bedbugs at bedbug activity hours, do not chase them away, draw them out, trap them, and kill them!!! Through the power of our critical mass let's discover, develop and share bedbug lures and traps as master bedbug hunters!

2. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 13:19:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Oops, replied to wrong thread.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  3. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 13:38:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Too much to reply to.

Fishing is not a good analogy, hunting is.

They have specific habits and behaviors. If you know these you address where they aren't to remove escape routes, then seek and destroy all that remain.

We have several experts here and the most successful employ a seek and destroy approach.

Somebody that knows their stuff can wipe them out, a baseboard jockey just hosing the place like for roaches will not.

Jim

4. infestedwbb

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 13:49:03
    #

Login to Send PM

they don't have a specific hour of getting out... really they don't...

5. Beth

account closed

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 14:00:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Jim,

Your analogy to hunting makes me feel good about my tactics. The bedroom is the last place I tackled having protected the rest of the home I am commonly in. Outside in. The perimeter of my bedroom is now secure, outlets, and below heat vents with DE, caulked the baseboards and the bed is isolated. Next step: cracks in the floor. Isolate them and kill them, Maybe at 4am, yes, maybe I will try vacuuming then from time to time.

peace-
    Amy

6. NYCCELEBRITY

Banned

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 14:37:30
    #

Login to Send PM

One needs to draw them out, fishing is a perfect analogy! The reason why they remain in buildings is that approaches only focus on hunting! Yes hunting is only half of the solution, though only hunt them and chase them into hiding, and they will resurface later! Jim i predict you either are a poor fisherman and/or work for a best control company (which one is it?)! And Jim to say they do not have optimal feeding times only represents your lack of understanding on the subject!

Happy bedbug fishing!

And at infestedwbb, you have NO point, yes i realize they will surface 24 hours a day, though we are talking about eradicating the little monsters, if we want to eradicate them it is best to draw out as many as possible during optimal activity hours! And if you do not understand they are primarily night time feeders, then you have no hope and will continue to be bedbug food! infestedwbb, which pest control company do you work for!!!

7. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 15:11:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Excuse me NYC Celebrity... With all due respect....

I see that you recently joined this forum and that you have posted a couple of times. I found your last post had an especially combative and unfriendly tone. There is no reason to insult Spidey (Jim) or Infestedwbb. Your assumption that just because two people on the forum disagree with you that they must be PCOs? That doesn't seem logical to me.

By the way with respect to your idea.........

"What we must do is discover and create a bedbug lure that draws as many bedbugs out of hiding to the lure at optimal bedbug activity hours! I have not finished meditating on what this or these lures might be, but for starters I would say some large or many smaller optimally placed warm, dark, human pheromone scented traps!!!"

..... it is not a novel one on this forum. We sometimes come together to brainstorm and we discuss all sorts of ideas to solve the bb problem. During these sessions we pick apart the weaknesses of each other's suggestions. It's quite interesting. One recent idea was very similar to what you are suggesting. You may find that thread if you do some searching. We are always trying to imagine ways to get the bbs to come out and to kill them. Our PCOs and entomogolists never insult us for trying to imagine new ways to do it. Our "normal/civilian" forum members also do not ridicule each other about the ideas we have and post here.

Infestedwbb did certainly have a point. Your dismissive statement that she had NO point is not accurate. Just so you did not miss the point, i will repeat it. Infestedwbb took her valuable time and was trying share with you (in case you were not aware as many people are not) the fact that bbs will come out at other times, not just at 3-5 in the morning, to feed. They will do so, for instance, if the host is not available, for some reason at 3-5 am to provide the blood meal. Your response to her was simply rude and uncalled for.

Bottom line: You may be a NYC celebrity and feel that you can talk to anyone as you like in your world, but it will not be tolerated here. I am not the host of this forum; but, i encourage you to use a more moderate, measured, considerate and respectful tone.

If you are dealing with bedbugs then you know know the emotional trauma, stress, anxiety, sleep deprivation and even depression that an infestation (or even a suspected infestation) can cause. Many of our forum members are not in a state of mind easily absorb being ridiculed, yelled at, insulted and berated. We come here to commune, discuss, brainstorm and learn and possible teach others what we have learned. If you'd like to do that with us, then welcome.

Peace...

8. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 15:12:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey dude calm the hell down.

A. I don't work for the pest control industry in any way shape or form. You won't believe that but it is a fact.

B. I don't have bugs any more. My strategy and knowledge along with a PCO, me doing supplemental stuff wiped that bastards out of my existence in 2 months.

I learned from BB warriors here who had won.

Lures? Please dude a sleeping human is the best lure there is. No whiz kid chemist can create a better one. It is a war and war is hell. I fought! I won and I am free for damn near 2 years and have helped many win their own war.

We have seen many failing strategies and identify, seek and destroy, then baiting the last survivors is the way to win.

Jim

9. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 15:16:02
    #

Login to Send PM

> if we want to eradicate them it is best to draw out as many as possible during optimal activity hours!

As I understand it, a BB comes out when s/he's hungry, there's food nearby and the atmosphere feels "safe" (you're lying still). So, a BB feeds at 4AM because you are asleep. Stir at 4 AM and, AFAIK, they may pick another time to feed. In an office setting, AFAIK, BB don't wait to 4 AM. So, if your area is properly "set up", until we have something better, you, asleep, are the "best" bait.

Neither the hunting nor fishing (or even trapping) paradigms fit 100%. On the water, you want to land some fish. In the woods, you want one deer. With BB, you want all the BB.

10. NYCCELEBRITY

Banned

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 16:15:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Deedlebeetle, spideyjg and cilecto, it is attitudes like your yours that keep the bed bugs alive! None of you have added anything positive to this thread! And I did not mean to imply that 4 a.m. was the absolute golden time for bedbugs in every situation though there are active times for every situation, and we all know that they prefer the dark! It is also well known that bed bugs main targets are humans, though your lack of insight shows no insight for suggestions of a human decoy trap! And yes decoys are very successfully utilized in all types of hunting and fishing activities, whether it is duck or dear or fishing with chum and even in bee keeping, ant baiting, prostitution and club players with pheromone scents, etc... etc...! Attraction and capture is the only thorough and real solution, everything else is just a band aid and a lie of the chemical industry@!

11. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 16:20:24
    #

Login to Send PM

So name the three currently on the market BB "decoys" for me.

Jim

12. Ratorja

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 16:27:59
    #

Login to Send PM

How many of us would honestly want a PCO coming to our house at 4 AM to do treatments?

13. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 16:57:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Do not feed the troll.

14. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 17:13:57
    #

Login to Send PM

cilecto - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Do not feed the troll.

Trolling? Back to fishing analogies again?

Jim

15. NYCCELEBRITY

Banned

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 18:17:37
    #

Login to Send PM

spideyjg - 1 hour ago  » 
    Jim

That's the point, there are none! And at Ratorja, why would you want to spend thousands of dollars to have a PCO coming to your home in mid day when the bed bugs are away!

16. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 18:27:24
    #

Login to Send PM

spideyjg - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hey dude calm the hell down.

Seconded.

And let me add that I do run this forum and you need to tone it way down, or you may be banned.

If you want to have civil exchanges with other members of the site, you are welcome to do so. Consider this an official warning.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  17. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 18:28:19
    #

Login to Send PM

NYCCELEBRITY - 5 minutes ago  » 

spideyjg - 1 hour ago  » 
    Jim

That's the point, there are none!

Really? No product to attract bugs with no human present?

http://www.sternenvironmental.com/products/cdc-3000.php

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/nightwatch-bed-bug-monitor-trap-p-1198.html

http://www.usbedbugs.com/Bedbug-Beacon-CO2-Active-Monitor_p_27.html

18. NYCCELEBRITY

Banned

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 18:41:06
    #

Login to Send PM

spideyjg - 12 minutes ago  » 

NYCCELEBRITY - 5 minutes ago  » 

spideyjg - 1 hour ago  » 
    Jim

That's the point, there are none!

Really? No product to attract bugs with no human present?
    http://www.sternenvironmental.com/products/cdc-3000.php
    http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/nightwatch-bed-bug-monitor-trap-p-1198.html
    http://www.usbedbugs.com/Bedbug-Beacon-CO2-Active-Monitor_p_27.html

Does anyone know if these traps work?!

19. NYCCELEBRITY

Banned

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 18:42:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone here ever used these traps?! Do they work!?

20. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 19:32:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Just for reference:

DNFTEC.
    Not sure what that means? Read this.

21. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 19:54:23
    #

Login to Send PM

oh dear God ...

22. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 20:59:24
    #

Login to Send PM

OK Mr Celebrity

Now that you see there are things you don't know about check your 'tude if you are going to stick around.

Those monitors are not an eradication tool. Granted every bug taken out of the picture is a good one. Tests have shown nature wins out over these things, ala bugs will ignore them for the real thing.

There is lots you need to learn about bugs before coming around here talking like some know it all. Re-read Deedle's post way up top again.

Do not tell some of us old timers, that are now bug free, that we don't know our shit or bash the PCO's whose expertise got us free.

Jim

23. freakedoutandbroke

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 21:13:35
    #

Login to Send PM

OK, so maybe I'm the only one but this thread made me LOL.

24. infestedwbb

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 27 2010 21:37:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I went to see inception and then come back to this. lol really that's all nice to take my defense and you should do it but don't worry about me.

NYCCELEBRiTY (sic) I have a lot of bugs: just a quick estimate after 3 days outside of home I killed 100 waking up three times, yesterday was my second treatment and as I had isolated the bed efficiently it was clear they were all in the bed, I think it even grossed out the PCO, found another 100 dead when I came home, and I am aware I'm still not out of the woods.

Although I did not see it advised here, I did wake up at night to at first vacuum then now, just squishing them it's quicker and prevents the trip to the bathroom to wash the vacuum.

They are there from I estimate 45 min after I lay in bed up to around 5-6 AM when the sun rises. the only way to kill them is to go to bed, and get up squish the ones there, go back laying there and go on. I did that. not only it has not stopped them, but in the time I was just laying awake they still fed. I'm sure it helped to some extent... but you have to sleep at some point, to live too. Yeah they go out at night, but if you think they just come out for an hour then you're really mistaking. They come out all night long as long as you lay there.

I am fairly new here, maybe one-two weeks I don't even remember lol need some sleep. I don't hold the truth even though the extent of my infestation sometimes makes me feel like it (I could play the family game in the middle of the night : who wants a nymph ? who wants a just fed baby ? how about the biggest one ?). But still, I'd never ridiculed others' opinions or accuse them of wanting to make money by spending time on a blog contradicting you.

It can help you psychologically to wake up at night and kill them on sight, but for real : it won't take care of your problem.

nowhere here you'll find people telling you not to sleep in your bed after treatment. PCO tell us to be bait already. but there's no easy solution to bedbugs, the members here are a testament to that.

Just realize that this is a sharing place. We may all make mistake in the advice we give and the oldest members usually take time to tell us so. But they do it politely

The bugs are the enemies, not us members

25. NYCCELEBRITY

Banned

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 2:05:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Considering a PCO is both a big investment in dollars and prayers that one can eliminate bed bugs efficiently, the optimal time to hunt and poison as many nocturnal creatures as possible, in order to attempt to resume a comfortable life, would be when the nocturnal creatures are the most active and that would be later in the evening and sometime before dawn! It seems completely irresponsible of bedbug PCOs to use their weapons in the day! If you hired an expensive guide that insisted on taking you walleye fishing in midday, and you actually shelled out the cash and went, who would be the bigger moron, you or the guide?! Most likely it would be you, because the guide, for his convenience, suckered you into a large expense and no game, except maybe a crappy or two!

26. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 6:06:03
    #

Login to Send PM

buggyinsocal - 10 hours ago  » 
    Just for reference:
    DNFTEC.
    Not sure what that means? Read this.

Nice.

27. infestedwbb

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 7:34:24
    #

Login to Send PM

yeah I totally see a PCO coming 45 min during the night after you laid down... BB don't feed every night... they don't come out all at once... What's to say that the BB that are hiding in your closet come out at the same time than those that are hiding in your mattress ? I'm sure you'll find some PCO willing to spend the night with you to kill those on sight. But if you read right, PCO put poison on the path to your bed and then you act as bait for them to cross that poison and come feed on you. you want to kill them in one shot ? First it's near to impossible, second it will put them in hiding and the third the way you suggest it will cost you a lot.

You want to suggest it to other... sure you can, anyone can see there's a debate here.... but it is not going to be cheaper since you're talking about the costs.

PS : before seeing them out in the middle of night I did vacuum before going to bed and caught none. you have to lie down before you want to catch them. Watch this video :

[+] Embed the videoGet the Flash Videos

28. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 8:40:37
    #

Login to Send PM

So Mr Celebrity know it all. Detail "your experience" that makes you know better than those that won the war.

What qualifies you to poo poo the science of nearly 100 years of studies.

Watch that vid on how heat and CO2 activate a colony.

Jim

29. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 12:24:15
    #

Login to Send PM

It's obvious the original poster is clueless and is just looking to feed off of whatever attention he/she gets.

I would not bother .. what is written is baseless, clueless, and just wrong. A novice trying to tell the world what they say makes all the sense in the world ...NOT

30. NYCCELEBRITY

Banned

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 12:54:14
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 28 minutes ago  » 
    It's obvious the original poster is clueless and is just looking to feed off of whatever attention he/she gets.
    I would not bother .. what is written is baseless, clueless, and just wrong. A novice trying to tell the world what they say makes all the sense in the world ...NOT

I have read all of the comments that you have posted since I found this forum! You have never once offered constructed advice only crass comments.... perhaps you should change your name to suicidal fool!

31. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 13:04:06
    #

Login to Send PM

32. NYCCELEBRITY

Banned

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 13:18:01
    #

Login to Send PM

spideyjg - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Nobugs, It is time.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/spideyjg/clown.jpg

I did not bother to look at your photo. Though, this women that I posted about has been a troll for the last couple of days, maybe in her better days she has been helpful!

I do not profess to be an expert, just sharing ideas and trying to bring a clearer light to the picture! As buddha would say, discoveries can be made through a beginners eyes!

Yes I do find that video on heat and activation fascinating, along with the movement and speed of the bugs!

I am experimenting with a heat and human pheromone project that I started last night! No success to report yet,

33. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 13:41:58
    #

Login to Send PM

> perhaps you should change your name to suicidal fool!

He's our suicidal fool.
    http://nymag.com/bestofny/services/2009/bedbug-exterminator/

34. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 28 2010 15:13:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Cilecto!

For the original poster again ... This will be the last response to you. I don't type here for a lot of reason .. and I will limit the amount of info I will tell someone about self treating because of risk factors I don't care to get into. With 4000 private messages in my - inbox over the last 2 years I think I help plenty.

A man called my office from Georgia today looking to pay me for consulting work. I had my office pass along my cell phone number so I could talk to him .. and of course at no charge.
    I don't think the board needs to know how much of my time is used trying to help people from states all over the country (or in this state for that matter). You will never know or see this unless I bore you with another pointless thread.

Fact is I answer or try and help everyone who sends a message or calls me ... in whatever state they are in. I can't stand sitting here typing but will move most all help to the phone to make sure all info is clear.

Now go find something else to do please.

35. NYCCELEBRITY

Banned

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jul 29 2010 10:51:27
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 19 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Cilecto!
    For the original poster again ... This will be the last response to you. I don't type here for a lot of reason .. and I will limit the amount of info I will tell someone about self treating because of risk factors I don't care to get into. With 4000 private messages in my - inbox over the last 2 years I think I help plenty.
    A man called my office from Georgia today looking to pay me for consulting work. I had my office pass along my cell phone number so I could talk to him .. and of course at no charge.
    I don't think the board needs to know how much of my time is used trying to help people from states all over the country (or in this state for that matter). You will never know or see this unless I bore you with another pointless thread.
    Fact is I answer or try and help everyone who sends a message or calls me ... in whatever state they are in. I can't stand sitting here typing but will move most all help to the phone to make sure all info is clear.
    Now go find something else to do please.

As stated by Uhlizza Polen: at OffKilterQueen: what exactly isn't true? What the vet said or the bird nests: I know the bird nests are true. If you are talking about "getting a nip to drink" I was just kidding JEEZ! liten up.

What are the secrets, as stated by madd love at OffHerKilterQueen who stated:
    I have the secret that solves bed bug problems .. but nobody asked =)

36. freakedoutandbroke

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jul 29 2010 20:28:59
    #

Login to Send PM

As stated by Uhlizza Polen: at OffKilterQueen: what exactly isn't true? What the vet said or the bird nests: I know the bird nests are true. If you are talking about "getting a nip to drink" I was just kidding JEEZ! liten up.
    What are the secrets, as stated by madd love at OffHerKilterQueen who stated:
    I have the secret that solves bed bug problems .. but nobody asked =)

... and this is why you should never smoke crack.

37. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jul 29 2010 21:02:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry with over 15,500 cases cleared I have a rule, my treatment hours are 10am till 4pm arrival Monday through Friday and have never treated a location after 9pm.

I appreciate that dealing with an infestation can be a complex and often thankless task in much the same way that being a long term poster and promoter of bed bug awareness can.

To extend the hunting analogy to its more logical conclusion I would say that as a rather experienced hunter dealing with them when they are resting is so much more preferable to chasing them around a room one at a time at 4am.

Plus if I worked at 4am I would have to charge a lot more money for the lack of social life that usually occurs, the high burn out rate of staff although parking would be easier which can only be a bonus in a congested city like London.

To throw another pest and animal analogy into the mix you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

Top marks for enthusiasm though.

David

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82