Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

A question for experienced (not necessarily pros) buggers.

(9 posts)
  1. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Oct 3 2014 10:23:49
    #

Login to Send PM

So i'm tearing down one of my children's rooms (the only room to have shown bugs besides my own). Double bagging for the laundromat, throwing away all non-essential stuff (good excuse for a late spring cleaning I suppose......) so I don't have to touch it twice (which is my cleaning mantra) and I notice along a corner is some discoloration. If I post a photograph of it, could you let me know if it looks like this infestation was here previously? I did ask before I moved in if there were any issues with bugs and was told no. It almost looks like mildew or mold or something. I didn't want to be presumptuous. Thank you.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Oct 3 2014 10:34:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like mildew but post a photo.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Oct 3 2014 11:40:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Post an image and we can comment.

Its not uncommon for people to mistake other stains or damp for bedbug signs until you start to get your ID skills up to speed.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Oct 3 2014 12:09:09
    #

Login to Send PM

5. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Oct 3 2014 12:10:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Those SHOULD be the huge files, saving them and zooming in should work... along the baseboards and on the smoke alarm were what sparked my interest. I'm cleaning everything everywhere and figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Thank you so much y'all.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Oct 3 2014 12:19:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbugs, almost certainly mold or fungus based.

David

7. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Oct 3 2014 12:29:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Gracias sir. I first suspected as much (humidity is bad out here and circulation indoors isn't so great) but I needed to be sure. Now i'm suspicious of everything! Thank you that makes me feel better.

We are going off the knowledge the unit next to us was infested. I live in a 1950's townhome (I think the UK calls them row or terrace or something) and i'm on the end so theoretically since both units are being sprayed like nobody's business i'm prayyyyyying this is not my infestation (per se) but the residual infestation of another unit and that one treatment (3 sprays total) is all it takes. If that had been bedbugs I would have freaked out. Like I can even freak out anymore at this point!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you so so so so much.

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Oct 3 2014 12:50:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I will never be shocked by the human minds ability to "freak out" there is always someone prepared to wait for your arrival on the ledge.

Often such cases turn out to be a lot less severe than they are assumed to be.

David

9. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Oct 3 2014 12:57:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Well said! Cheers!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,455 posts in 48,828 topics over 151 months by 21,440 of 21,843 members. Latest: Beardface, BugBrosHauntingMe, brokengarage