A little story.

(3 posts)
  1. Headbug

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 28 2019 15:09:36
    #

Login to Send PM

So it all started about a year ago in November. Moved from one place to another landlord knew bedbugs were in unit said nothing. Previous tenants and others in building said nothing. Moved all our belongings in. Had a lot of cleaning to do before unpacking thank goodness. While cleaning we had no idea see a couple strange beetles we thought or spiders .. after one night seen a “beetle” hard to kill it (was a bedbug)... 4 nights ... started to think we had lice ran all over city to get treatment... no lice dr mentioned bedbugs.. low and behold looked at bed there they were many of them ... called landlord. Well he says previous people were messy you should have known there was issues.... omg he calls exterminator. Got treated 3 times before we left with nothing just our clothes and more expensive items (tools and all that)... after 2 weeks at new place found a single 2nd instar pco came inspected 2 times before treating all times no evidence of any being in the new place.
    My question is after since March of a spray would it be very noticeable if there was actually any in my new home... I’m having lots of anxiety and PTSD from my experience with them. Abdn even though I live with my mom and daughter I was left to fight alone (cause they claimed they didn’t know how) wouldn’t even check bedding😔. I just need some assurance from a professional with knowledge so I can rest easy. It’s been almost 9 months in new place.
    But also have a lady who lives in building that gets used furniture so it puts me more on edge....

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 30 2019 10:56:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Nine months of unchecked breeding, I can't see a scenario where you couldn't easily spot bed bugs without even having to inspect closely.
    It might be worth assessing the places that you frequent, it's entirely possible that you're coming into contact with bed bugs somewhere outside the home.

3. Headbug

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 30 2019 14:44:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok I don’t frequent a lot of places just home and work no buses cause I’m walking distance. Mind you I know my work place has roaches and I know I get skin irritations from them being close proximity. Thank you

Even after a spray it would still be noticeable right?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,909 posts in 50,061 topics over 155 months by 21,885 of 22,373 members. Latest: Delusionalparasitosis, kslone1006, Hex999