Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

A few questions about the Bed Bug Beacon

(8 posts)
  1. NeedAValidUserName

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Jan 29 2011 23:39:38
    #

Login to Send PM

hi, just wanted to state that I looked for the answers to these questions already, but couldn't find any, hence the creation of yet another thread....

1. what is the best way to check the Beacon, do I just lift the roof off and look? I want to make sure I'm not compromising the gas in any way.

2. Just confirming that I need to change out the fluid when it looks milky....about how long did you get with one batch of fluid?

3. How often should I check it? I just want to be sure that I'm not messing with it in any way.

4. It says I need 2 monitors for a 16x16 room . . . I can't really afford this....is one sufficient?

Thank you!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jan 30 2011 0:24:26
    #

Login to Send PM

David James, inventor of the Bed Bug Beacon, would be the best person to answer your questions. I will alert him to this thread.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. djames1921

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jan 30 2011 8:36:27
    #

Login to Send PM

You can check as you suggested by lifting off the lid. Change it when the liquid starts becoming clear, not cloudy. I would let it run 5 days and then change it. As far as how often to check, I would try to leave it undisturbed as much as possible but once a day is fine, and we have had success with only one in a room.

4. NeedAValidUserName

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jan 30 2011 8:55:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Mr James!

5. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jan 30 2011 12:17:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a few questions, too.

1. Should I use them in several rooms at one time or one room at a time?

2. During the winter, I don't think any of our rooms are 70 degrees. Is that necessary? Should we wait until late spring?

3. If we use them upstairs, is it safe to sleep downstairs?

Thanks.

6. djames1921

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Jan 31 2011 0:15:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I would make sure you run a beacon in an area for at least 4 days straight without moving it around as it needs time to set up the co2 "pathway" and bed bugs that have just fed will not be interested for a few days. You can safely use it upstairs while you sleep downstairs, you can even safely use it in the same room you are in. It will function still in even 60 degree rooms.

7. scaredsilly

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Jan 31 2011 11:42:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a question also, Ive seen the question before but never the answer. If I run the beacon in an empty room next to mine, is it possible that I could draw the bugs from my room into that one? I don't want to spread the problem, I just want to see if that room is a concern.

8. LondonEddie

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Feb 2 2011 17:22:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know if the BBB is available in the United Kingdom, or from anyone that will ship it to the UK? I would like to get one, but I can't seem to find it on the web with a UK delivery option.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714