Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Improve the Site

A few more problems with the Private Message System

(2 posts)
  1. Dark_Ages

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2015 3:12:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but if your private message is too long, it will get cut off. Also, I would say copy and paste your private message to another document before sending, however, if you copy something while at a website, that website may be able to see the content in your clipboard, which is the temporary holding area where your copy or cut information is stored. However, if you don't mind that with your private messages, then doing that shouldn't be a problem.

And the other problem that I noticed is that in both sent and received private message, a forward slash(/) is put in front of quotation marks(") and apostrophes(').

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2015 12:58:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi-- thanks for your feedback.

As I've explained in email, PMs are not intended for sending very long documents. If you wish to correspond at great length, then you may wish to exchange email addresses with someone. Obviously, excercise caution in doing so.

If you're quoting a lot of material from a website, it might be better just to post the link in the PM.

The "forward slash issue" is known but isn't something I can fix right now.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto