Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

A few changes (October 2007) -- Please Read!

(5 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2007 1:06:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I have changed the front page of the forums. You will now see the last 100 threads on the front page. When the site was less popular, there were about 30 active threads in a week. Now, 30 threads does not cover one day's activity. I realized that I was missing a lot of recent posts, and hopefully this will help everyone better keep track of what's going on.

1. That said, you could help us do so by reading the GREEN STICKY at top of forums entitled "How to Use Tags!" (I have also updated the posting form to give correct instructions on how to tag, since the instructions built into the program were wrong.)

2. Also, scroll down before you post a new message. If you see another thread on your topic ("vikane" or "DE") on the front page, then add to it, rather than starting a new one. Of course, this will be easier now you can see more of them.

Because it will take much longer to scroll to the buttons at the bottom, I've moved them to the left side, for now, on the front page only. (In the threads, you will still see the buttons on the bottom, and yes, they do look a bit haphazard. Please bear with me.)

I also added a clumsy green "private message" button to help you connect more easily with your private messages. It is far from perfect, but I expect to overhaul the forums look fairly soon, so I did not want to get all wrapped up in hasty button-making. Eventually, PMs will have a stately, special button befitting such a popular function.

That's all, thanks for reading this! Please post questions or any comments below.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. minibughater

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2007 9:16:56
    #

Login to Send PM

you're the best! thanks for connecting us all =) and helping.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2007 14:45:38
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks, mini. you're very welcome!

4. nyjammin

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2007 21:48:23
    #

Login to Send PM

100 Threads! That's great! Thanks. It makes it much more easier to read posts that are old but not that old whereas they used to be bumped.

Now the question of the future, what happens when this thing gets bigger and 100 posts don't cover one day's activity? Somthing to think about.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2007 22:43:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I can make it longer still.

I have explored other options-- I may eventually implement another forum software which allows everyone more leeway and is fancier, if it seems like a good idea. (It is also more costly to run, and there's the hassle of migrating to something new). We won't lose any old data, if that happens.

Right now, one thing to remember is if people remember to choose an appropriate forum topic (for example, "Treatment" or "skin, Bites, etc." when writing the message, it will make things easier for others to keep track of it. You can read by forum here as you do on the Bed Bug Resource.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie