Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

9 months of hell, doctors and PCO can't help, bites/marks! Please help.

(2 posts)
  1. scaryterry

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Jul 22 2018 23:12:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know what to do anymore. I've been experiencing these lesions for 9 months. I've never had them on my face, and they're mostly on my trunk and legs. They only pop up when I spend time in my room, not when I'm on vacation it seems. They start raised and white or raised and pink/red and they itch and sometimes look like they have a small dot in the center. They don't always look the same and I've never had success finding a good picture match on google. They itch periodically throughout the day and stick around for a while before finally fading away.

I've had two exterminators two months apart inspect for bed bugs. Had a bed bug dog come. No sign of any bugs from either.

I've been to two dermos. One said fleas, but that wasn't accurate (tried catching them, I've never seen or caught a bug) and the other did two biopsys over the span of a month... inconclusive. Could be a chronic hives thing, could be bug bites -- extremely unhelpful

I often feel things crawling on me when I'm in bed but I've never seen any bug and I've tried looking. I saw a few Carpet Beetles in a drawer about 8 months ago but I haven't seen any husks or beetles since.

I've washed EVERYTHING on hot/hot twice and still happening.

I feel like I'm genuinely insane and I really need help and don't know where to turn.

2. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jul 23 2018 2:41:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I’m wondering if you are having reactions to the hairs from carpet beetle larva. I’ve had both (and at the same time), but to have negative finds of bedbugs by three pros, including a canine, really makes me think carpet beetle larva “hair”. The reactions can be made worse by low humidity, I believe. I don’t recall the treatment for getting rid of these annoying hairs, but I know Lou Sorkin has written about it here. Here’s another article: https://ento.psu.edu/extension/factsheets/carpet-beetle-dermatitis I know now that some of my reactions when I had BBs had to have been black carpet beetles. Once I saw one crawl across my foot and I had a painful reaction. Very odd, but it was a confirmed carpet beetle that time.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19