7 months and no bugs!

(4 posts)
  1. Thissucks42

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 15:51:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I wanted to just give a bit of hope to those treating themselves.

We had bedbugs in our bedroom, they were pretty bad. We first dusted with diatomaceous earth powder and then we went through things and bagged soft thing and threw stuff away. Then we went through the wooden furniture and wiped it down with ethanol. THEN we steamed (with a professional garment steamer) the place we knew they were living. That way if they got away they would have to run through the diatomaceous earth and eventually die.

We got the lifts for the bed to monitor and so far so good.

2. SalsaVince

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 17:03:38
    #

Login to Send PM

In reading your story, I see that what really finished them off was taking apart the bed and finding their hiding spots in the slats and joints where the bed frame connects. The more experiences that I read, the more I'm starting to think that taking apart the bed should just be standard protocol when dealing with bed bugs. I saw it recommended in a few places but a lot of information omits that step. If you have a steamer at your side, it's even better because you can fry the eggs and harborage spots as you find them and then wipe them off with some kind of a cleaning or alcohol based solution. Good stuff!

Thanks for coming back to share your success story and may you be bed bug free for years to come!

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 19:44:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats, Thissucks42! Thanks for sharing your success.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 19:52:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations!!!!!Thank your for the information !!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,575 posts in 48,150 topics over 149 months by 21,216 of 21,570 members. Latest: Lh0512, patmc3853, stennisplayer07