4 treatments and still getting bit and seeing bugs

(5 posts)
  1. Paranoidbybugs

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Wed Apr 11 2018 0:51:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I realized we had bed bugs after our son had been sick for a week with the flu. He returned to school and I proceeded to wash his bedding that morning. This was the week of Valentine’s Day.
    Tried to DIY at first, only to realize it had already spread to other rooms. How I didn’t notice before is beyond me. We have now had 4 treatments. Our last treatment was on 4/4/18, we were told per extermination company the infestation was mild and 4 treatments should do the trick, however I do have a warranty so if more are needed it was not an issue. I was extremely hopeful until this morning when my daughter woke up with 4 new bites and I found 2 live bugs in 2 different rooms. I’m really hoping and praying these treatments work because I don’t have the money for any further professional help or to even attempt a heat treatment. Has anyone had similar issues to mine? Can you offer any advice? I feel so embarrassed and have absolutely no one to talk to about the issue besides my husband who says he’s sick of hearing about it and the issue will get handled.

2. LittleRin

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Sat Apr 14 2018 2:21:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I haven't had an issue like yours, but I can sympathize greatly with the feelings of embarrassment, stress, and worry.

I'm unsure what sort of treatment your PCO is using, but if CimeXa dust is not of the treatment and the treatments don't work, I would strongly recommend buying some. The bottles cheap, and so far the dust seems pretty effective in actually killing the bed bugs (and other types of bugs even.) I was reading many success stories on Amazon where I purchased my bottle and have read that some PCO are also adding it in as part of their arsenals.

3. Paranoidbybugs

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Sat Apr 14 2018 12:34:08
    #

Login to Send PM

He is apply Cimexas dust but I am looking into purchasing some myself. I’m also curious if my couch is salvageable. I’m not sure if they make covered for sectionals. I’m trying to remain positive about it all. I’m just worried because we’ve seen more bugs after our 4th treatment as well as bites. I appreciate your response so much!

4. Pissedmama

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 16 2018 14:22:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you live in a multiple dwelling unit?

5. Paranoidbybugs

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 16 2018 14:52:43
    #

Login to Send PM

No, I live in a single family home we own.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,317 posts in 46,977 topics over 143 months by 20,731 of 21,005 members. Latest: Lukelucky, motherbuggedfather, anxiouscat