4 months of anxiety

(2 posts)
  1. azealiabanks

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Apr 17 2018 2:12:33
    #

Login to Send PM

So I've had bed bugs for about 4 months or so, and every day I cry or panic because I think of bed bugs and how they are ruining my life. I no longer sleep in my bed, my room is covered in DE powder, I sleep on the couch and constantly check the sofa for bugs. Back in January my local newspaper released an article saying the local hospital had a terrible bed bug infestation. One week after that article was released, I was in the hospital for 14 hours while I waited with my grandmother who had a heartattack. I didn't really notice any bugs, and I didn't really think about it. A few weeks after that I would notice medium sized brownish bugs crawling on my sheets. I sleep near a window so random bugs come into my room a lot. I would just kill th bug and do whatever. This happened every night until late February early march. I googled what a bed bug was and I flipped out when I realized I had these bugs. I looked in every nook and cranny, fold, and corner of my mattress and found black ish spots and stains everywhere. I saw about a row of bugs hiding, probbly 5 or 6 bugs. The next day I got up, washed my sheets, and cleaned my bedroom. I vaccummed up everything, bought bed bug spray from Walmart, bought new pillow cases, and just deep cleaned my room. A stuffed animal was behind my bed board and when I pulled it out, I saw just about 10-13 bugs on it My skin crawled and I killed all of the bugs and tossed the toy outside. I never want to see that sight ever again. After about 6 hours of cleaning, I sprayed my bed and put on the clean sheets. That night, I didn't see any bugs. I had ordered a bedbug proof mattress casing and DE powder that night and on Tuesday it was delivered. I cleaned and vaccummed again and sprinkled DE over my mattress before putting the casing over my mattress and box spring. I sprinkled DE over my entire bedroom and for 2 almost 3 weeks I didn't see one bug, my bites had cleared up, and I was able to breathe. And about two weeks ago they came back. Not a lot but I kill about 2 or 3 everynight. Some are really small, others are pretty big. The exterminator said fumigation would be the best option, but that would cost up for 4k. My parents and I combined do not have that money. I'm so desperate, I cannot handle this anymore. I cried when I begged my parents for an exterminator to come out, luckily they were okay with that. Their bedroom is bug free so it doesn't really bother them. I can't stand not being able to sleep in my own bed. I hate this so much. Every day I'm so freaked out, I feel disgusting, like I'm trash. Tomorrow a different exterminator will talk to my dad, this one is very friendly and said he'd like to spray my home. It's cheaper, they'll pull apart my bed and spray every inch of my room. That will kill the bugs, and in 3 weeks he'll come back for the eggs that hatch, and then in 2 weeks get whatever remains. He said customers who have bad infestations are bug free because of this system he uses. Of course he is trying to make a sale but I'm so desperate I'll try anything.

To anyone who is in my situation, please give me word of wisdom, advice, please help me.

2. Traditional_Farmer

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Apr 17 2018 5:31:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, not an expert here. If you havent done so already, be sure to tell the exterminator about the DE that you put down so he/she knows about it. Also the bedbug spray you used and any other treatments you did. This is just in case they will have any kind of effect on whatever treatments will be used by the exterminator. Good luck!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

276,124 posts in 45,452 topics over 138 months by 19,969 of 20,732 members. Latest: Ganonthecannon, Cass2369, Oceanside06