4 exterminators no sightings and individual bitings

(4 posts)
  1. sashacza

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 24 2008 11:18:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I had the bbs for the first time last year after some travel where I assume I brought them back. Took six weeks but got rid of them. Never saw any bugs, or fecal matter but had little bites and upon extensive search exterminator found an old carcass of a bb. Was not a bad infestation never more then a couple of bites per night. Although my bed has been encased in plastic since then a year later almost to the day they reappear. Thought maybe I had brought them from another trip I had taken but no one else staying in the same quarters has them. My boyfriend started getting bites shortly after I did and other people on his building had reported having them earlier in the month. I live in a brownstone coop with 4 other units thank god no one else has ever gotten them. On this round I have had 4 visits from the exterminators over a period of two months. We have never seen a single bug although there was a bit of fecal matter discovered in my closet at the onset. And although there have been nights here and there with no bites usually I wake up with one or two collections of the tell-tale traingle of bites, or two next two each other-they are always teeny and it has been this way now for almost three months. Anyone who comes to my house (including boyfriend)has to put all their stuff in plastic bags and put on freshly washed garments from my store. At one point it seemes I was not getting bitten in bed but from under and within clothes so I have thrown out half my clothes put all the others in the cleaners or in a constant state of washing and individually wrapped zip locks. I got rid of my bed baught another that is almost completely metal wit hthe exception of wooden slats, my mattress has two vinyl covers, I have washed old treatements inpreparation for new one's every two weeks when the exterminator has come and sprayed and laid down the powder in the bedroom and in corners in the living room. Thought they were going away had been a couple of nights without themand the last treatment was a week ago, today woke up with two vampire bites on my wrist. Does anyone know long it takes for the poison to kill them? Or does anyone have any idea of next steps-should I wait and see if they continue to bite-I'm washing every day vacuuming every other day have duck taped up all outletts etc... Not sure what else to do please help and STILL HAVE NOT SEEN A SINGLE BUG!

2. Livingagain

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 24 2008 14:14:44
    #

Login to Send PM

This is definitely not left over from the problem you had a year ago. This is a new infestation. I guess you just have to keep getting treatments. You can talk to the PCO if there is maybe something more effective they could use. Put dust in outlets. I don't think the duct tape will completely protect there because they can slip out the sides (maybe you're taping them, too?). Get ideas here for stepping up treatment. Good luck.

3. sashacza

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 24 2008 21:23:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Have had outlets dusted b4 taping up. Anyone know how long b4 poison completely kills?

4. hatesbedbugs

Banned

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 24 2008 21:36:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Sasha, what city do you live in?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,703 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323