4 days and no sign

(9 posts)
  1. jbob

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 16 2008 22:03:10
    #

Login to Send PM

its been four days since the person that was living in an infested house came over. i still have no signs of bed bugs would they be noticeable by now?? how long does it usually take?? ive been checking my bed and box spring every day and couch everynight and no sign.

2. Adele

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 16 2008 22:53:08
    #

Login to Send PM

jbob - these creepy things feed once every 5 days or so and can take weeks to lay eggs that hatch. I would not be so obsessive about it - if you notice bites or signs around your bed - just look once or twice a week for the next month or 2

I would also vacuum pretty thoroughly around your bedroom and wash your bedding in hot water and dry on a hot heat once or twice a week for the next month or so

you may not see sign right away and hopefully you won't at all

3. jbob

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Dec 17 2008 0:08:45
    #

Login to Send PM

im in the middle of doing renos on my house so im cleaning quite regualarly espically since im mudding and taping now theres alot of dust but yeah i washed all my bedding cleaned my couches what are signs around my bed ive looked at the picutres on here and have seen nothing like that what should i be watching for??

4. BrooklynNurse

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Dec 17 2008 0:41:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I depends on the level of infestation that the person has in their home. If they are heavily infested then the possibility of them bringing a bug on them is high. Just to be safe you can even hire a bed bug detection dog. I used one for my sister's house because I thought that I had unknowingly infested her house. My level of infestation is low to mild. The bed bug detection dog didn't detect anything in her house, but just to be on the safe side I told her to keep checking her bed and skin for evidence.

5. BrooklynNurse

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Dec 17 2008 0:43:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I had gotten bed bugs from sleeping over one of my friend's house about 3 times over the summer. Apparently she didn't know she had them. One month later she discovered she was infested, and I found out that I had brought a lot of hitchhikers home with me.

6. jbob

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Dec 17 2008 1:21:35
    #

Login to Send PM

what am i supposed to be looking for though i check daily but ppl have been telling me to check just once or twice a week.. i don't think there is a dog in my area im from winnipeg manitoba canada

7. BrooklynNurse

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Dec 17 2008 9:07:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Look for little black dots on your bed sheets and any suspicious bug bites. You might not be allergic to bed bugs. I'm allergic to bites so that was the only way I found them. But you can in the meantime buy mattress and box spring covers to protect your bed and keep them in there.

8. jbob

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Dec 18 2008 1:17:41
    #

Login to Send PM

where are they more inclined to go to on your couch and bed??? more in the wood or in the fabric??

9. jbob

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Dec 19 2008 16:32:50
    #

Login to Send PM

ive checked every day and night all week and still nothing that resembles a bed bug egg, bed bug or even a skin on any of my funiture. i checked my couches bed both matress and box spring, i checked my dressers and night tables and chair that i use to do this and be one here all the time nothing after a week i shouldve noticed them right ??!!! i hoping i was lucky and didn't wind up getting one from my gf's cousin.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323