Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

4 bites in-line pattern

(7 posts)
  1. seekinganswer

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 23 2010 0:23:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I have this 4 bites in a line pattern two nights in a row. Can anyone tell me if it is bed bugs? TIA!
    Not sure how to post a picture but....

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5800/81402407.jpg

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 23 2010 15:14:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Seekinganswer,

Unfortunately, you can't diagnose bed bug bites from a photo. Some people do not react to bites and those who do experience everything from reddened skin to scabbed over bites to itchy bites that look like pimples to dime-shaped welts.

This scabbed look is not typical but some have reported it.

I would recommend using the methods in the Detection FAQ to determine if you have bed bugs.

Also, please read this post, which explains where your post went after you posted it and why you should not repost it if it ever happens again. Thanks!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. mam1974

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 23 2010 18:43:51
    #

Login to Send PM

That's not unlike the scabies bites I had several years ago...

4. seekinganswer

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 23 2010 23:20:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme, a bit new to this forum style, thanks for the direction and advice.

Also thanks for the other replies, apprecieted greatly.

5. flabergasted

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Sep 24 2010 2:11:36
    #

Login to Send PM

mam1974 I thing you are correct - this looks like the start of scabbies. I saw this on my son when he came back from camp years ago )it should have tweeked when they told me I had them) and he had a lovely crop brooding my bites never resembled this and I am still healing from the last round.

Starting at the top of the photo there is a 4 bites (enhance the photo) - burrow in burrow out burrow in hasn't burrowed out looks like a a spot starting. The other patterns match exactly. I presume this is you forearm? There appears to be 8 bites in each line and they are expanding which causes the patchs. If you look at scabbie and the progression of the skin disorder scratching irratates the area.

Hopefully this is not close to your hands. Everyone please excuse me these things love the the male genital area and actually prefer a warm host becasue they can't live off the host for very long. I just had to go through a saftey orientation with our guys becasue they had to go out of town and stay in a camp where they have had them (yup dump it on women any timeiit make s the male populus uneasy). Trust me this is no laughing matter these can be transfered to women and are classified and provincially regulated as an STD where I live.

http://www.health.alberta.ca/documents/sex-prevent-STD-STI.pdf

What irrates me is this made the 6:00 news for 3 days and front page of news paper but bedbugs got a 2-3 minute stint a couple of months ago.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/2010/04/24/13709101.html

seekinganswers there are a couple over the counter treatments that can be used NIX and Qwellada but see a doctor first. If there is a chance these are BB bites the treatment for scabbies can casue some serious damage to your skin I know it destoyed mine. They also don't have to scrape to confirm they use a water soluable florecent pen that actually shows the burrow under a ultra violet light. but the scrape is faster.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Sep 24 2010 2:33:38
    #

Login to Send PM

seekinganswer - 3 hours ago  » 
    Nobugsonme, a bit new to this forum style, thanks for the direction and advice.
    Also thanks for the other replies, apprecieted greatly.

You're welcome, seekinganswer.

And welcome to the forums, though sorry you need us!

7. seekinganswer

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Sep 24 2010 7:16:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the info flabergasted, yes, that is my forearm, I have a Dr appt. today.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs