Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

3searches still scared

(5 posts)
  1. Worried Mom

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 10 2019 10:13:18
    #

Login to Send PM

7 months ago my son’s father bought used bunk beds, my son started coming home from his weekends there covered in bites. His dad denied having bed bugs but I found one bug in his bed here that I thought was a bed bug. My husband and I freaked out and tore his room apart. We never found anything else but treated his room, put down traps and put cases on his box spring and mattress. We had a professional come and nothing was found.
    The bites stopped and we have had no issues. Maybe it was bed bugs and they got fumigated at his dads house and we only had a traveler make it here. Maybe it was never even bed bugs. I will never know.
    But in April we moved our toddler from our room to the bed room next to her brother. With it warming up we’ve been going outside and she started getting bites. I freaked out. Completely lost it. I started hunting her bed and her entire room, coming in and shining a light on her at night. I’ve not seen a thing. She started picking up on what I was scared of and heard me talking to my husband. She woke up a few nights later saying she had bugs on her. It was dark, I can’t imagine she’d have been able to see a bed bug, but I hunted her bed and found nothing. We called a professional in to search and he didn’t find anything. I was still terrified so I continued the search daily. We ended up having another professional come search who didn’t find anything but suggested I get the dogs to come in due to my anxiety. We had the dogs search our entire house and they found nothing. I still can’t stop freaking out every time she has a couple bumps though. We had traps in her room and everything. Nothing has been found. My anxiety has been so bad that I can hardly function. Please help me. What do I do?
    I would also like to add that almost of the bumps that I worry about pop up 1-5 in random locations in the afternoon and are usually completely gone the very next day, but they look like they’re in wide spread groups. Is it an allergy? Something else? I just need my life back. I want to cry all the time. I’m so scared. After 2 people and dogs searching, and traps, and me constantly looking is there a chance something was missed or am I just stressed for no reason?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 10 2019 10:25:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would suggest you have a look at the Passive Monitors mentioned int he FAQ and useful tools sections. To date you approaches have been based on looking for the bedbugs rather than working with their natural behavior and biology.

What makes this different is the device concentrates any activity into an optimal and removable harbourage which can be checked weekly or monthly or following any concerns.

This approach reinforces detection routines rather than leaving you with the doubt that things get missed. If you have activity and the monitors remain clear after 14 days then its extremely unlikely to be bedbugs and you can concentrate on the many other possibilities.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Worried Mom

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 10 2019 10:27:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel like I should describe her spots better. They will show up on random places, arms, legs (usually the upper area), and stomach. They tend to look like minor pinkish mosquito bites. I look her over in the mornings and she’s spot free, and then in the afternoon I’ll see a few pop up. They are typically gone by the next day. It doesn’t happen daily. She sleeps in different outfits so I can never be sure what is exposed but I’ve been trying to cover her up more. They don’t always seem to be in exposed areas but some times match up. She doesn’t say they itch and usually seems unaware of them until I start becoming concerned. My husband does not believe we have bed bugs. She certainly isn’t covered in bumps constantly. Would they have hidden for 7 months (sept of 2018 is when my son had the issues) and started randomly biting just her. Would I, and multiple professionals and dogs, not be able to find any signs for two months since my concern started? Nothing in the traps, no blood spots, no eggs, no exoskeletons, no fecal spots and certainly no live bugs.
    Please please someone help. I cannot continue to deal with this anxiety. My next step is to take her for allergy testing but I don’t want to put her through that. I just don’t know what to do anymore.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 10 2019 10:49:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Please read the “bite primer post” and see the anxiety and psychology management resources on my website.

David

5. Worried Mom

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 10 2019 10:52:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Where do I find the bite primer post? I’m new here

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,727 posts in 50,022 topics over 155 months by 21,871 of 22,354 members. Latest: mrdinosaur, BedBugNinja, citycpap