Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

3rd treatments and still have bed bugs!!!???

(7 posts)
  1. Chumchum871

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Sat Feb 16 2019 19:34:39
    #

Login to Send PM

So we have had 3 treatments ( jan 3, jan 17 and Feb 11th) and a bug was found today. I don't know what to do at this point. Every bug was found in different rooms. One bed had many bb on the frame but the whole bed and mattress were thrown away. Before the treatments had all started. We then had the January treatments done. After very first treatment one was found in the bathroom of all places, none were seen after that. On February 7th one was found in the living room and we scheduled another treatment for Feb 11th. All mattresses have covers most of out things haven't even made it back in the house at this point. The building has said that if they have to do a 4th treatment that they will charge. I'm at a loss for what to do next.

2. SalsaVince

Posted 7 months ago
    Sun Feb 17 2019 8:43:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry you're still fighting them chum. If you are only seeing a bug here and there every couple of weeks it sounds like you have almost gotten rid of them. Are you sure that no one is reintroducing bugs into the apartment bringing them in from somewhere else? Another thing that would be useful to know here is if you described a little bit about the treatments that have been done so far and where. Have they just sprayed and has it been limited to just the rooms where bugs have been found?

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  3. Chumchum871

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Sun Feb 17 2019 18:59:09
    #

Login to Send PM

They have only sprayed because we had laid out powder. They said they did the whole apartment. 3 bedrooms 1 and a half bathrooms and the living room. Not sure that anyone is reintroducing them back in, as far as I know.... no but who can really say.

4. Chumchum871

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Sun Feb 17 2019 19:01:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I do recall asking at some point about passive monitors and what their purposes are and some other things to help with prevention but I never got a response. Feeling like the experts on here will tend to ignore some.

5. SalsaVince

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Feb 18 2019 12:29:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't take it personal Chum. Keep in mind that no one is getting paid to help on here so we're getting whatever time they can spare and sometimes questions can slip through the cracks. When you're going through it, it seems like an eternity while you're waiting though, I know.
    If you're only seeing one every week or so and you've had the whole place treated including the living room furniture where you've found the last bug, I would just give it some time to see the activity dwindles down. It's only been one week since the last treatment. Monitors are very useful for measuring activity. On the "Useful Tools" section on this site, you can find information about passive monitors. (click here) The theory behind them is to provide a place that bed bugs would naturally be drawn to hang out in so that it's easier to look for them. It's much more effective than having to inspect all of the seams of your furniture. If you do see any more, you could apply a fresh light dusting of cimexa in areas nearby where they would like to hide, especially underneath the skirts of couches, arm rest seams, etc.

6. Chumchum871

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Feb 19 2019 15:21:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Vince, I know I'm sorry I'm just going through a lot with all of this and sorry to the experts as well... I was out of line

7. Chumchum871

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Feb 19 2019 15:23:41
    #

Login to Send PM

The useful tool section wont open.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081