Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

3rd Treatment done, getting reaction to something? Help! Worrying

(5 posts)
  1. Deefee

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Feb 8 2018 18:39:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello! I’ve been a lurker in this thread since this began for us.

Notes: we own our condo. I panic and stress easily and have very sensitive skin. I see a therapist for stress.

My mom had bedbugs and was “cleared” in August. She slept over late November and then I woke up in late Nov to a big hive near my ribs. I thought the worst because we had these nightmare bugs back in 2006 in another apt! I checked my comforter and found one fat blood filled B.B. I caught it and put it in a ziplock. Called in PCO the next day for an inspection and he said yes, this is bb and good that I caught it. He now went ahead and inspected our bed and box spring (already in mattress encasements). He found three dots of poop. No other evidence. The big hive took 3 weeks to heal and I still have a small scar!!

He also checked out sofas and loveseat and he found nothing else. No evidence, no eggs, nothing. Other than the poop. He said it must been that bb that I caught. He said he would still recommend we do the treatment just to be safe. We did the first treatment, 4 days later. The whole washing/drying/bagging items/clothes etc. We did it all. He did the first treatment on Dec 1. I had no other bites or saw any activity. Follow up treatment was Dec 15. Again, we asked him to check all of out cupboards, closets, mattress etc. He said there is nothing.

From Dec 15 onwards, I had a few “reactions” - no hives, just pimple looking reactions. Only one at a time, one on my chin, one on my chest or arm, stomach etc. It would happen at home or outside. Sometimes itchy but if I don’t touch it, not itchy. I was paranoid that it may be them and it stared affecting my mind. I started checking my bed constantly for what turned out to be fluff and lint. We found nothing else. I was the only crazy person in the house, my husband thought it was just that one B.B. to begin with.

Fast forward to end of Dec, still no activity. We had a follow up check-up, Jan 8. He said stop worrying, he found nothing. No dead bugs, no eggs..to my insistence, he put dust in our bedroom.

At the end of January, I wake up to one of those small pimple on my stomach, again it went away with a few hours. Same thing, next day. Only one on my chest, gone within two hours. I then panicked and called another PCO. I explained the whole thing to him. He said it doesn’t sound like it and he suggested it may be pyschosomatic stress causing this. He said he’s still willing to come check but recommended that I wait because he doesn’t want me to waste money when it’s nothing. He was very understanding and explained things in a very understanding way. One week later (now), I woke up to another itchy pimple that went away within an hour.
    I’ve found nothing in my searches, nothing at all.

If I don’t think about it, I’m fine. If I start thinking about it, I panic like crazy. Even in the middle of the night, if I notice a pillow fall off the bed, I panic and pick it up. It’s driving me insane. The stress is driving me insane. Even as I type this, my neck is itchy and I think it’s B.B. I just want to run away and cry and it’s really affecting my relationship with my husband and mom.

My questions are:
    B.B. or mind playing games?
    When can I breathe easy?

TL;DR: found one live bed bug, 3 inspections and treatments later (2.5 months), no activity, nothing but getting one (sometimes itchy) small pimple here and there that goes away within a few hours.

Thank you all.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Feb 8 2018 23:38:58
    #

Login to Send PM

If bed bugs are present, they will leave fecal stains. You probably had little pimples you thought nothing of all your life. Now every reaction seems like it must be something. I would trust that the inspections have turned up nothing. You could use passive monitors that you check only once a week for peace of mind, but I think that’s really just to reassure yourself and take away the obsessive searching..

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Pissedmama

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 3:06:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Deefee I coukd have written this. I am almost at the 2 month mark and the psychological effects are real. I too am getting itchy stress bumps. I am still on high alert and gave found nothing.

Solidarity to you💜

4. thirdusername

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 13:02:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I also have little red dots and I am a lot more itchy. Either I had the spots before or it is a stress reaction or I still have bugs but haven't found other signs.

One suggestion about your scar.
    Put vitamin E cream on it every day.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  5. Deefee

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 20:28:27
    #

Login to Send PM

hi everyone! thanks for the suggestions and kind comments.

I'm going to check under my boxspring tonight and my bed..if all's good. I will breathe easy.

I hope you all are ok as well! I wish everyone a successful escape from this horrible monsters!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,501 posts in 44,036 topics over 133 months by 19,282 of 19,911 members. Latest: trez1336, Aegis_, paulsinn