(2 posts)
  1. itchyteacher

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 29 2009 11:17:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,
    I have been on here for a while now, and I want to first say thank you all for making this a little easier. Everyone, I think finally even my mother, is tired of listening to me. I live in a multi-unit building in Brooklyn that is owner occupied. Immediately after figuring out I had bed bugs, I started speaking to my neighbors. I suspected they were coming from the neighbor below me due to where they seemed to be entering my apartment, but she said she hadn't noticed anything. Today, I ran into her and she said she definitely has bed bugs in one room of her apartment. Now here's the problem- she said she called 311 and they told her to throw out her mattresses or wrap them in plastic and to wash the bed frame with bleach! Now, from what I have read, this is not an effective treatment method. Has anyone else encountered 311 giving misinformation like this? I told her I would give her the number of an exterminator, but she seemed pretty convinced that 311 was right. If this is what 311 is telling people, we will be fighting these bugs for a long, long time.

2. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 29 2009 11:31:29
    #

Login to Send PM

omg. If this is the case, it's going to be a long time before govt will be properly assisting the public? Bed bugs are going to be around a long long time I think.
    I can only hope that what's taking place with govt help in NYC will correct this type of situation.
    The only thing I can say is that communicating with this person and seeing that you give her a recommendation is the best thing you can do. Maybe get a board meeting of all the other units as to advise about bed bugs being in the building? I hope others can weigh in on this

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,909 posts in 50,061 topics over 155 months by 21,885 of 22,373 members. Latest: Delusionalparasitosis, kslone1006, Hex999