31 days and counting!

(5 posts)
  1. Nasty bugs 1

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 14 2016 8:25:26
    #

Login to Send PM

It's been a long 31 days and still counting since I have seen a live/dead bug!!! I'm finally starting to relax a bit, but way still cautious. How do u know that they are for sure gone and not 2 are left and well reinfest your house again ? Just want the fear to be gone!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 14 2016 23:15:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you using bed bug monitors and inspecting them weekly? If you are basing this just on not having happened to see a bed bug, that may not be as effective, because they hide well and seeing them out in the open when you are awake is unusual.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Nasty bugs 1

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2016 10:55:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes we have bed monitors on all beds just to be on the safe side. We last one we caught in it was on 8/14/2016. I have been writing all this crud down so I don't forget. I check daily if there are any in it. No bit, no bugs, but still using de around edges of rooms as well. To be honest I'll probably keep de around my house for the rest of my life lol plus keep insecticide on hand as well. I know they say if u don't catch one or see on in so many days the. U can declare yourself bed bug free. Which is fine, but if they can live a long time without feeding and hide very well, how do u know they are "really" gone?! I freak when my kids move things to one room to another. When can this stop? I feel insain!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 16 2016 22:14:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Nasty bugs 1 - 1 day ago  » 
    I know they say if u don't catch one or see on in so many days the. U can declare yourself bed bug free. Which is fine, but if they can live a long time without feeding and hide very well, how do u know they are "really" gone?! I freak when my kids move things to one room to another. When can this stop? I feel insain!

They can live a long time without feeding, but they won't go without feeding if they have access to food.

It sounds like you're clear, and I think we should file this tentatively as a success story. I hope you have continued success!

5. Nasty bugs 1

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2016 13:49:58
    #

Login to Send PM

It's been 36 days now. What a relief! I couldn't have beat these nasty critters without this website! I'll probably keep the bed monitors on my bed for life lol. These things can really make u break down and go crazy!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82