Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

2nd treatment with Cesar - need advice and hope

(15 posts)
  1. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 15 2008 14:50:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Sojo, you have been through so much! I am so sorry you are having to carry such a large emotional load. Have you or can you consider seeing a doctor to just see if they could offer some advice for medication to help you get through this?

I don't think anyone is mad you didn't use Killer Queen, if you can't afford him, you can't afford him. I personally would love to have him treat my home, but I can't afford to fly him here to Texas and I guess he can't probably even treat in different states unless he has a license. My point is, that sometimes we just have to use the PCO that we have to use, whether it is because of a landlord, our finances, or wahtever.

SOJO, I really think it sounds like the bed bugs were hit hard in your building. Maybe it will be enough, and I think at this point you are going to just have to trust the PCO doing the treatments. I don't blame you at all for not taking your clothes out of bags, I wouldn't either.

So hang in there friend, you have been on a really bad patch of road. I am sorry things are feeling so bad for you now. You do have friends here, we are hoping your life will improve. Surely some sunshine must fall soon on your life.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 15 2008 15:31:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Sojo,

First and foremost, I hope that you are on the road to becoming bed bug free. Whether you hired me or work with another company, I hate seeing anyone dealing with this. I ask you to please leave my name out of your posts there is no reason to mention my name. I have done nothing to you to mention me in every other thread. I'm here to help anyone who asks for my assistance. Adele does not advertise for me, she is one of many I have helped on this site. I think it would be hard for 1 person to discredit what I do here. But I’m a bit unsure of your intentions.

That said ... even now ... if you would like some advice from me just ask. I will help you if I can. I hold no ill will toward you at all.

3. MyWorstFear

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 15 2008 17:15:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Sojo, doesn't Cesar have a bb dog? Does he plan to bring the dog around next time? I totally can see where you are coming from and I think you are a lot calmer than I would be in your situation. Since any eggs would hatch again in 10 - 14 days, I also don't understand why they want to wait even more than 2 weeks. You are right to want to get that treatment in before people leave for vacation...but God forbid,they shouldn't bring more back from wherever they are spending the holidays! As for the rugs, can you get them professionally cleaned? Maybe the Packtite would work? Send the guy from Packtite the dimensions of your rugs and he could probably tell you if they'd fit inside the unit. Hope this helps a little.

4. Adele

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 15 2008 17:42:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Sojo - I will not use your despair to advertise for Killerqueen - you really need to move beyond that conversation. I only wish you the best of luck (and yes I REALLY DO)

5. Livingagain

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 15 2008 18:17:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow, this is a tough one, 'cause I'm sure Caesar knows what he's doing, with all that experience in NYC. But I can't imagine Bedlam around the baseboards would be enough. Unless maybe the first treatment was Phantom and they can't reapply until 28 days.

I've decided that if I have to get treated again I would insist that they completely treat all bed frames and baseboards and outlet/switch boxes and places where we spend time (computer desks, etc.)each time my PCO was really weird about wanting to do just a little bit on return trips, too, and that didn't work very well-- after 6 visits (5 treatments) we had to end up springing for Vikane anyway.

Someone treating in NYC has got to know what they are doing, but I can understand why you're nervous. Good luck.

Honestly, if I lived in an apartment I would look into how to isolate the bed really well and do preventative things for the couch, etc. It must be tough thinking about it coming around again. I can relate though because we have an aquaintance who has them and is not following precautions, so I feel like the whole country is going to be going this way, we need to think long term prevention and treatment. Welcome to the post-modern world.

You know what the gov't could do-- they could offer to not tax profits on bed bug control products for 10 years or something. If we could get a really accurate mechanical sniffer it would be easy to get rid of bed bugs because we could track down where they are hiding, dig them out and roast those suckers!!!!

I wish I could be more helpful on the treatment issue, but you have my best wishes and I definitely know what you're feeling.

6. Livingagain

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 15 2008 18:47:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, PS couldn't you just use the Hot shot no pest strips or massive mothballs on the bagged rugs?

I would research how to do that safely before unbagging them if I were you.

PPS I don't know if Phantom is the best bet, but it does have a longer residual time, it has pro's and con's, I wish I had more knowledge about all the chemicals.

7. MyWorstFear

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Nov 16 2008 0:48:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Sojo, I think the law in NY is that any time a pco comes and treats, they have to leave you not only the labels of whatever chemicals they used but also the complete "literature" on that chemical, which tells you where to use it, how to use, why to use, dangers, and everything else under the sun about that chemical etc. I know because I have the pco come 4 times a year to my house for preventative measures against the usual household pests, and a few times I've told them not to bother to leave me all that paraphenalia, that I don't read it etc, and they responded that they "had" to leave me the information. They also have to fill out a big sheet saying what they did and where. So, are you saying this information was not provided?

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Nov 16 2008 2:42:36
    #

Login to Send PM

sojo, I think you do have a right to say you can't afford a particular PCO who has been recommended to you repeatedly.

However, to be fair, I do also think KillerQueen's and Adele's responses above were pretty fair and kind of generous. KillerQueen did offer advice, if you ask him for it. Why not take them at their word?

I don't think you should leave the forum because of a conflict with another member. I suggest you stick around!

Read this thread to learn how you can (at least for now) "ignore" a member you do not get along with or whose posts trouble you. Note: this is experimental and I may remove it based on feedback. Do not use it lightly. Do not use it at all if you don't have to.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Nov 16 2008 2:43:59
    #

Login to Send PM

MyWorstFear has a very good question.

I am not sure about the full literature, but I have also heard PCOs have to leave a list of what was sprayed where. Can a PCO licensed in NY confirm this, please?

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Nov 16 2008 21:45:57
    #

Login to Send PM

sojo - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Nobugs, I would love to get KQ's advice, which I also asked for. But his post was accusatory, I felt. I simply cannot deal with emotional things on the boards anymore - I have enough trouble as it is. I will edit and never mention KQ again, and maybe this trouble will go away.

Hi sojo,

I think it is important to note that KQ and Adele thought your comments were accusatory too.

From what I can see, I don't think the blame in for this conflict here falls on one side or the other.

I think not mentioning someone you disagree with is a good strategy and helpfully avoids the "ignore this person" function which could prevent you from hearing their good advice in future.

11. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Nov 16 2008 23:10:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I will re-read your post and look for the specific questions you are asking & answer the best I can.

Below is taken from the NYS DEC website:

Amended Requirements for Pesticide Applicators to Provide Product Label Information
    What does the recently enacted law mean for applicators, dwelling occupants, or owners or owners' agents?

On July 3, 2007, Chapter 216 was signed into law. That law amends Section 33-0905.5(a) and (b) of the Environmental Conservation Law (ECL). That section requires, among other things, that every certified applicator, prior to pesticide application, provide information from pesticide product labels to dwelling occupants, or to the property owner or agent, depending upon specific provisions of the ECL (see "specific language" below).

The amendments made through Chapter 216 give the occupants, owner, or his or her agent, the option of requesting the required label information from the certified pest applicator in either written, digital or electronic format. Before changes were made to the law, applicators were required to supply a written copy of the label information and there was no other format option available. The amendments also include a requirement for certified applicators to have a written copy of the label information in his or her possession. (A regulatory requirement exists at 6 NYCRR Part 325.2(d) regarding applicators, technicians and apprentices having "... in their custody a copy of the label...")

The new law took effect on July 3, 2007; applicators must meet the amended requirements of ECL 33-0905.5(a) and (b).

What is the specific language of the Law as amended by Chapter 216?

Under ECL Section 33-0905.5(a):

"Every certified applicator shall, prior to the application of a pesticide within or on the premises of a dwelling, supply the occupants therein with a copy of the information, including any warnings, contained on the label of the pesticide to be applied. Such information shall be supplied in either a written, digital or electronic format which shall be determined by the occupants of such dwelling, provided however that the certified applicator must also have a written copy of such information in his/her possession."

Under ECL Section 33-0905.5(b):

"Except as provided in paragraph c of this subdivision, every certified applicator shall, prior to the application of a pesticide within or on the premises of a multiple dwelling, building, or structure other than a dwelling supply the owner or his agent, with a copy of the information, including all warnings, contained on the label of the pesticide to be applied. Such information shall be supplied in either a written, digital or electronic format which shall be determined by the owner or his or her agent, provided however that the certified applicator must also have a written copy of such information in his or her possession. Such owner or agent shall make available upon request at reasonable times such information in written or electronic form if available to the occupants or residents of such multiple dwelling, building, or structure."

Chapter 216 of the Laws of 2007 can be viewed at http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf.cgi.

12. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Nov 16 2008 23:40:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Sojo,

You may not like the advice I give you but if you want my opinion here it is. Cesar does Bed Bugs all day long for a living. You read about bed bugs online. He is a professional and I’m sure he wants to conduct himself as the man in charge of the treatment techniques. You state that you are "controlling" this will butt heads with whatever professional you hire to do this kind of work. He was hired by the land lord to treat the structure. He will do that how he sees fit not how you want him to do it. (Sorry)

A 3 hour follow up is a long through follow up. He is going to make his decisions based on his findings during that time. If you continue to make him mad I would only hope he does not toss in the towel after his obligation is over. You have to take the back seat and let him work his way. You will get better results that way.
    If he asked you to not mention products online you should respect that. If he wants his trade techniques a secret you should not be posting what he asked you not to.

Have trust in the person/company you hired it is still very soon to make judgments.
    These are my feelings … And this is why I didn’t comment when I said I would help. I don’t want you to take me the wrong way. But if you understand my point … let the man work!

13. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2008 1:18:11
    #

Login to Send PM

HI KQ,

Thanks for posting the info. above!

I added a link in your post to the NY DEC website.

Please remember to link out to the source if you paste in a quote.

Thanks!

Note: a number of posts were deleted above at user's request.

14. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2008 20:39:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes I think 3 hrs for a follow-up is enough time. Questions should be answered professionally. You do have a right to ask questions but I don't know him and can't comment on how he perceives your involvement. My motto is 80% customer service 20% bugs.I work for you when I'm hired for treatment.

I don't think you are dealing with a company that is all about take the money and run. I would think and bet given the direction this BB problem is heading in ... Cesar is looking to make as many people happy as possible. This business is all about word of mouth and referrals. If I were you I would research the products you know he used and find the product labels online for your review. This will give you all the info on application methods available by law. Have faith, try not to anger him, and believe he is there to help you through this. As for re-infestation... he is right... anything is possible. Good Luck

15. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 18 2008 13:44:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Sojo. Check your PMs.

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

285,412 posts in 47,493 topics over 146 months by 20,948 of 21,258 members. Latest: Nwkent25@gmail.com, Camilleparker, lamachina