2nd Spray Tomorrow...

(4 posts)
  1. scaredanditchy

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 15 2010 21:26:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Our second spray is tomorrow. Exactly 14 days after our first...

Since our first spray, we encased our mattress & box springs. We received bites for about two days after our spraying, but none in our bed after that.

Our chair & ottoman seem to be clear. We can sit in it with no bites and the dog did not react to it.

Our couch is still infested. It was sprayed 14 days ago but we found a baby on it last Saturday night (8 days after spray). It is a brown leather couch with nail-head trim and deep crevices and seams. When I inspect it there is no evidence of eggs that I can see. It is isolated with climb ups and no one sits on it anymore, but we feel the bugs are still there and the dog confirmed it.

The dog pointed to 3 things in the basement. 2 chairs and a bag. The bag and its contents we have treated, and we've disposed of the chairs. The dog did not react to anything else in the basement and the PCO suggested a residual spray to be on the safe side.

We've bagged most of our clothes but did not clear our closet or dresser, and the PCO only sprayed down our mattress, box springs, bed frame & headboard and floor. Since our bed is not isolated, is it fair to think if they were elsewhere in our room, we would have been bitten in bed by now?

We cleaned and isolated the children's beds and there is no evidence of them in their rooms, nor has either child been bitten (thank God).

Our belief is that our couch was ground zero, my husband brought them down to his work area first (chairs & bag) and the last place (and where we caught them) was our bed. Our exposure was either mid-May or early-June. I only ever found a tiny bit of fecal matter in our bed skirt. The only bugs we've seen are the large adult I discovered vacuuming our box spring pre-spray, 3 baby dead ones on our mattress after the first spray, and the baby one in the couch on Saturday.

Actually, I'm not sure if I'm really asking a question here, just wondering if we have reason to be hopeful.

Thanks.
    Not Sleeping Tight

2. mcsmcs

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 16 2010 11:09:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck!

3. miserableone

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 16 2010 11:20:55
    #

Login to Send PM

good luck scared.....you are amongst friends here. I had my 3rd treatment 2 weeks ago and Im waiting to see how it goes. Hope the 2nd one is the charm for you.

4. scaredanditchy

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 16 2010 16:11:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks all!

House is sprayed - showed him the baby we caught last week and he verified that it was a nymph - unfed. I was afraid it was fed since it was reddish even though you could still totally see through it.

He was optimistic and said we should be too. As an aside, he told us that he got into this business because he moved into an infested apartment with his wife and baby. I kind of like that he has a personal vendetta against bedbugs.

Spray he used is Dragnet. My fingers and toes are crossed.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

285,412 posts in 47,493 topics over 146 months by 20,948 of 21,258 members. Latest: Nwkent25@gmail.com, Camilleparker, lamachina