Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

2nd heat treatment last Friday, bites this morning. Will this ever end?

(4 posts)
  1. goingcrazybb

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Sep 26 2012 21:13:49
    #

Login to Send PM

We had our second heat treatment last Friday. I had a few nights of better sleep (anxiety too high for good sleep) then woke at 2 am to several bites on my arm and stomach. I turned on the light and scoured the white sheets and found nothing. I put a Verifi bed bug detector on Monday and nothing has turned up on it/in it.

Last night at dinner I found something on my leg. I saved it in tape and looked at it through a magnifying glass. I think it is a bed bug, but it is so tiny I can’t get a good picture of it. This is the first thing I have found in our nearly 2 month saga that looks like a bed bug. I am calling the PCO tomorrow to have them come out and verify.

I have ordered active detectors for the van and our garage (it is not connected to the house and the van has not been parked in there. But our suitcases had been stored there (they were heat treated in the house, sealed in bags and returned back to the garage. Since we think we got the bed bugs from a trip in July the suitcase were out there for 6 or 7 weeks before they were treated.

My theory is that they are in our van and that is why after two treatments they are still here. I have vacuumed out the van thoroughly several times since all this started. The last time I did was Friday night.

I was so careful about coming into the house after the treatment. Shoes stayed out, no sock straight to the bath tube to take off those clothes (put them into a trash bag) and get a new set of clothes from a zip locked bag. All purses, back packs, lunch bags all went into trash bags until they could go into the dry on high for an hour. When I brought all of the bedding back inside I opened the trash bags outside and put the linens into a white plastic laundry basket. I put them back through the dryer (paranoid I know but this was the 2nd go around)

I am a mess. I feel like I have failed somehow. I have lost 17 pounds since all this started. I am a mess. I started therapy last week and got sleep meds from my doctor today. I feel like I am living the horror film version of Ground Hog Day.

I have 3 school aged children who have been OK through this, but it is taking it’s toll. We have not had friends over since early August, they get their clothes out of zip lock bags and their Mother is a mess.

Will this ever end? Will I still be dealing with this at Christmas? By spring break? Will we go broke trying to end this?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Sep 26 2012 22:21:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you have a visual confirmation of bed bugs that prompted the second heat treatment? I am sure you've mentioned this elsewhere but I have too many timelines in my head. Thanks!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. goingcrazybb

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Sep 26 2012 22:32:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Up until the photo I took tonight the only confirmation we had were the bites I have been getting and the k-9 "hit"

4. studiopeg1

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Sep 27 2012 5:48:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh man... my parents are having their whole house heat treated today and this is scaring me. Seems there is no way to ever feel safe again once you have a bed bug. You can never be sure, never be certain, even with a heat treatment. Crap.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,455 posts in 48,828 topics over 151 months by 21,440 of 21,843 members. Latest: Beardface, BugBrosHauntingMe, brokengarage